Adding Children's Car Seat Anchors. Any Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
GMT800's have LATCH. I'd say from a liability standpoint, it is a BAD idea to try to retrofit LATCH into any vehicle. You have to follow the seat manufacturer's instructions for installation. I had no problems with numerous safety seats in my "older than LATCH" rides when my kids were younger. Many of them want you to pull the shoulder belt all the way out until it locks instead of auto-retracts, then tighten with weight on the seat or seat base.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is for seat anchors but what about child locks.

99 chevy tahoe has child lock.... what about burbs. Anybody care to retro fit the child lock from a gmt400 tahoe to a gmt400 burb? Son getting older and discovered how to unlock doors.... any help would be appreciated. I know btw the locks are physically different from the burb and tahoe but still. How would you approach this issue?

Ricky8680

Reaction score
GMT800's have LATCH. I'd say from a liability standpoint, it is a BAD idea to try to retrofit LATCH into any vehicle. You have to follow the seat manufacturer's instructions for installation. I had no problems with numerous safety seats in my "older than LATCH" rides when my kids were younger. Many of them want you to pull the shoulder belt all the way out until it locks instead of auto-retracts, then tighten with weight on the seat or seat base.
Exactly what I do with my little boys car seat,we have been in quite a few slippery winter skids / panic stops lately and he has been perfectly safe. Exactly why I love the Tahoe.