Actual cost for bolt-on lifts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudd Duk

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for gears, will 4:56s still be right with slightly smaller tires?

35's w/ 4.56's will be fine. I ran 4.56's on my 35x12.5 Thornturds for years and feel that they worked great for that tire size, on and off road. I pulled a trailer loaded with four wheelers for miles on the interstate many times with no problems out of them yet.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think the total your looking at so far would be

1200-1500 lift
150-250 for gears, but times two so 300-500 for both
plus the cost of tires which varies allot depending on who you decide to run and install if you cant do it yourself.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you looked at all the options on 36 in tires? There is not really a lot out there in that size compared to other popular sizes. I would suggest a rcx 6 inch lift and a set of 35s. Other items I would purchase as well would be, inner and outer tie rod ends, upper and lower ball joints. Spend the small amount extra when you order a lift for the upgraded shock option and if you would like a steering stabilizer. This is what I did and the total for all of that was about 1300 dollars, all new moog parts as well.

So that is 1300 for lift and parts to install lift. "You can always go cheaper if you want but I highly suggest those parts".
with the remaining 1200 I would get new rear gears and a LSD or Locker. You can go cheaper on this as well by not buying a locker or lsd and also buy installing these parts on your own.
After doing the suspension I listed my truck felt like a brand new truck compared to what it was with 265k mile on it. I did not crank it all the way either so that helped the ride a bit.

You have a manual and 4.10s so if you stick with a small enough tire you can get by for awhile with out lower gears. I would have it on the to do list though. I would suggest a 35x12.50 tire and nothing bigger or you will really want the gears.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you only have 2500 change all the fluids in the entire vehicle and save the rest for when you break something. Skip the lift.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so i have a ? i plan on lifting my truck and atleast puttin 35x14.50 on it but i really want 36x15.50 and if i do that will i need lower then 4.10's