Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The jobber in Brazil provided this picture, said they've got stock to cover an order of 10 and can get more if needed.

Just counting, it appears they've got 11 pairs on the shelf... assuming those pictured are all for the GMT400.

I will be providing more details as this unfolds. I'm working on transferring money (US$ here to B$ there), now. I use Wise, they offer the best conversion rates I've found.

I won't be asking anyone for money until later in the process. Too, nobody's obligated. I'll find another home for any stock that someone has said they wanted, but later changed their mind.

FYI.

Attachments

• Seller inventory Jan 28 2022.jpg
    Seller inventory Jan 28 2022.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 38

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The jobber in Brazil provided this picture, said they've got stock to cover an order of 10 and can get more if needed.

Just counting, it appears they've got 11 pairs on the shelf... assuming those pictured are all for the GMT400.

I will be providing more details as this unfolds. I'm working on transferring money (US$ here to B$ there), now. I use Wise, they offer the best conversion rates I've found.

I won't be asking anyone for money until later in the process. Too, nobody's obligated. I'll find another home for any stock that someone has said they wanted, but later changed their mind.

FYI.
I have a question about the picture you posted with your Suburban and Firebird. What kind of turn signal housings are they ? Thanks

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the picture you posted with your Suburban and Firebird. What kind of turn signal housings are they ? Thanks

I believe they were from APC. I can't check for you easily, unfortunately.

I bought them domestically, inexpensively, and I got two pair... one for now, one for a backup.

I like their look but they're kinda junky... the drain holes at their bottom are exposed and, every time I washed the truck, water would find its way inside them and cause corrosion of the "chrome" layer within. I finally added some vinyl drain hose to their drain holes (using a hot glue gun... the OEMs use drain hoses in this way, that's where I got the idea) to prevent the water from entering yet still allow them to breathe.

For the record, Arteb used to offer the turn signal housings but they weren't remarkable... IMHO they looked a lot like those here in the US. They appear in the catalogs up to 2018 (attached), but the 2019 catalog they're a no-show.

Attachments

• Arteb catalog 2018 - Silverado.pdf
    379.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I believe they were from APC. I can't check for you easily, unfortunately.

I bought them domestically, inexpensively, and I got two pair... one for now, one for a backup.

I like their look but they're kinda junky... the drain holes at their bottom are exposed and, every time I washed the truck, water would find its way inside them and cause corrosion of the "chrome" layer within. I finally added some vinyl drain hose to their drain holes (using a hot glue gun... the OEMs use drain hoses in this way, that's where I got the idea) to prevent the water from entering yet still allow them to breathe.

For the record, Arteb used to offer them but they weren't remarkable... IMHO they looked a lot like those here in the US. In the last few years they appear to have been dropped from the Arteb catalog.

From what I can tell, they look (and sound) similar to the Anzo 511032. I ran those on my '97s for a while.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038BBJ5I