Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just this afternoon I received an email from a seller who has six pairs that I intend to purchase; he emailed me two videos to show / prove to me their condition.

If someone wants a copy of the videos, PM me with your email address.

I intend to commit to their purchase ASAP.

I'll be taking "orders" if someone wants a pair. I'm not looking to make money on these, I'm just doing it because it's fun. My contact in Brazil, who's doing my legwork there, he's making a buck (as I've described in my earlier posts) but that's only fair to him IMHO.

I'll follow-up on pricing once the purchase is finalized. It's looking like they'll be a few US$ cheaper than those I bought in Dec 2021.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just this afternoon I received an email from a seller who has six pairs that I intend to purchase; he emailed me two videos to show / prove to me their condition.

I'll be taking "orders" if someone wants a pair. I'm not looking to make money on these, I'm just doing it because it's fun. My contact in Brazil, who's doing my legwork there, he's making a buck (as I've described in my earlier posts) but that's only fair to him IMHO.

I'll follow-up on pricing once the purchase is finalized. It's looking like they'll be a few US$ cheaper than those I bought in Dec 2021.
I would be in as well for two pairs.

langkg

Reaction score

I’d be in for a pair but would still like to see an installed picture if possible.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be in for a pair but would still like to see an installed picture if possible.

Here's the only picture I have handy, taken from afar, zoomed and cropped to highlight my Sub... from this perspective you can't really tell too much.

Attachments

• Suburban.jpg
    Suburban.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 50

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Let’s roll!

I've been thumbing through my iPhone looking for pictures.

Here's another from about a year ago when I was moving my Firebird using the Suburban. Zoom-in to get some perspective of the visible Arteb reflector. One can see, for example, a "black dot" in the lower half of the low-beam... that black dot is the fixture for the "city light" feature. Arteb includes a fixture for a 193-style bulb with the reflector.

I've also attached a picture of a new reflector so one can compare.

The Firebird sits high in front b/c there's no engine or transmission. It'll get a 455 w/ roller cam, which is partially assembled, and a TH400, which is already rebuilt.

Attachments

• Suburban - Firebird.jpg
    Suburban - Firebird.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Left side Arteb.jpg
    Left side Arteb.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Suburban - Firebird zoom.jpg
    Suburban - Firebird zoom.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

langkg

Reaction score
I've been thumbing through my iPhone looking for pictures.

Here's another from about a year ago when I was moving my Firebird using the Suburban. Zoom-in to get some perspective of the visible Arteb reflector. One can see, for example, a "black dot" in the lower half of the low-beam... that black dot is the fixture for the "city light" feature. Arteb includes a fixture for a 193-style bulb with the reflector.

I've also attached a picture of a new reflector so one can compare.

The Firebird sits high in front b/c there's no engine or transmission. It'll get a 455 w/ roller cam, which is partially assembled, and a TH400, which is already rebuilt.
i Assume the city light fixture is installed without a lamp to seal the reflector cavity and keep out debris? Have you considered using this lamp for any reason or is it better left unoccupied?