Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the advantages of these?

As 454cid said, the light pattern is superior, akin to a European E-code reflector.

They're OEM quality as well.

I've had both TYC and APC low-cost aftermarker units and in my case their headlight pattern was poor (blotches of light here and there), they didn't fit very well (the brackets wouldn't fit to the radiator support properly because of poor tolerances in manufacturing, so I had to use brackets from another set), they would accumulate water in rainy weather (so I had to pull the bulbs to help them dry), and they had no vent tubes like OEM... and those are just the downsides I can think of offhand.

Last edited:

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just by looking at them you can tell...

If they look like what you got, then they'll fit.

They were only used in Brazil for 1997-2002 (reportedly) but they should replace any composite reflector used on the GMT400s here in the US. I have, however, not confirmed this.

There are at least four of us on GMT400 that have these. I can attest that they fit my 1998 Suburban. I would have to check with the other guys to see their model year.
If you find out please let me know. Thanks

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here's a thought:

Try to see what other headlights are applicable to your year, e.g., on RockAuto look here:

GMC > 1991 > K1500 PICKUP > 5.0L V8 > Body & Lamp Assembly > Headlamp Assembly

Once there, you'll find that if you click on the part numbers of the various applicable headlights, it will open a window showing the vehicle and model year(s) applicable. If something that fits yours (1991) fits mine (1998 K1500 Suburban) then you've found your answer :cool:

Last edited:

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a thought:

Try to see what other headlights are applicable to your year, e.g., on RockAuto look here:

GMC > 1991 > K1500 PICKUP > 5.0L V8 > Body & Lamp Assembly > Headlamp Assembly

Once there, you'll find that if you click on the part numbers of the various applicable headlights, it will open a window showing the vehicle and model year(s) applicable. If something that fits yours (1991) fits mine (1998 K1500 Suburban) then you've found your answer :cool:
Got it, thanks

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure that the Artebs could be fitted to any GMT400 equipped with anything besides the single headlight W/T grille, although a truck with the '88-'89 quad sealed beams would require different bulb connectors.

These should be a drop-in plug and play deal for any '90+ with the composite headlights that take 9005/9006 bulbs.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there an easier process on buying these?

Unfortunately, no. I think it's within the realm of possibility that the sets 1998_K1500_Sub has brought in are the only ones in North America at the moment. Some of us have known about these for years, but I've never seen anyone else with them.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've brought seven pairs of these into the US over the years using a buyer in Brazil who acts on my behalf.

At the time of this writing a single pair purchased by and shipped from him, delivered to a US residence, would cost around US$350 (maybe more, maybe less). Cost can vary depending on product availability and the currency exchange rate. If one is willing to buy multiple pairs, the price per pair will be lower because the shipping cost gets spread across the lot.

If there was enough interest across GMT400 there may an opportunity to make a larger "group" purchase and drive the per-pair cost lower... may. Shipping a large number of these at one time would involve some additional logistics, which could drive up shipping costs, to accommodate the $800 "duty free" limit of US Customs.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've brought seven pairs of these into the US over the years using a buyer in Brazil who acts on my behalf.

At the time of this writing a single pair purchased by and shipped from him, delivered to a US residence, would cost around US$350

Yeah, that price is what's stopping me right now. I barely have time to drive the truck, and I've got TYC's that will at least make it look better than the old yellowed lights. If I were daily driving it to work, I'd go for it..... sometimes driving the truck at night feels like I'm driving by candle light.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If something could be organized and few sets could be acquired in $250-$300 range I would be interested. Open to a single large shipment that gets distributed from here.