Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning 1998,

With all going that's on in my life and one of my two brain cells on vacation, can you please reiterate where you are with a new list to acquire these lamp sets?

I maintain an ongoing list, first-on first-off.

Right now there's one committed on the list, for one pair. I've got two others who are tentative, presumably for one pair each but occasionally people want multiple pairs.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I maintain an ongoing list, first-on first-off.

Right now there's one committed on the list, for one pair. I've got two others who are tentative, presumably for one pair each but occasionally people want multiple pairs.
Thanks for the quick reply, sir. How many sets are available, and what is the tentative cost to NY, 13501?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, sir. How many sets are available, and what is the tentative cost to NY?

Carlos has one pair on hand (it's committed). He's working on purchasing more, now.

Regarding the number available... as long as Arteb keeps making them, the number's pretty big.

In the past, in mid-2022 Carlos has had as many as four pairs on-hand, but not lately.

Tentative cost to NY, for one pair... I can say that, over the last year, the one-pair, delivered cost to the US has been from $296 to about $330. The number is driven mostly by the exchange rate, so there's risk whenever I put a number in print.

If someone wants one pair, that's easier than if they want twenty
You must be registered for see images attach
It's mostly a matter of the time it takes for Carlos to purchase them / receive them (that's as much as 2wks), inspect / lubricate the adjustors, and finally forward them to the destination.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Carlos has one pair on hand (it's committed). He's working on purchasing more, now.

Regarding the number available... as long as Arteb keeps making them, the number's pretty big.

In the past, Carlos has had as many as four pairs on-hand at any given time, but not lately. It's mostly a matter of the time it takes for Carlos to purchase them / receive them (that's as much as 2wks), inspect / lubricate the adjustors, and finally forward them to the destination. If someone wants one pair, that's easier to do than if they want twenty :waytogo:

Tentative cost to NY, for one pair... I can say that, over the last year, the one-pair, delivered cost to the US has been from $296 to about $330. The number is driven mostly by the exchange rate, so there's risk whenever I put a number in print.
Well then...I would be more the fool than is normal for Bill should I not commit to a set at this juncture. As world issues continue to escalate, who knows what will happen to any intercontinental shipping in the foreseeable future? I do like your sarcasm, a man after my own heart but I was thinking you may have had a 'stockpile' waiting on buyers.

I have to go back and see how the payment process works and what method to use...unless of course, you would like to clarify that for me and others yet again. Indeed, I would like to procure a set.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to go back and see how the payment process works and what method to use...unless of course, you would like to clarify that for me and others yet again. Indeed, I would like to procure a set.

This is what's been done in the past:

- I put names on a list (send me a PM with a residential shipping address and an email address)
- Carlos handles purchasing in Brazil and packaging for US shipment
- As we work through our list, we contact the next in line and request payment the day before Carlos ships; I like getting payment immediately before shipping... that way we're not sitting on anybody's money
- On the day it's shipped, Carlos will email me the shipping details including a tracking number that enables the buyer to follow the shipment both in Brazil and in the US; I'll then forward that information to the buyer
- Delivery takes 8-11 days

That's the gist of it!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
This is what's been done in the past:

- I put names on a list (send me a PM with a residential shipping address and an email address)
- Carlos handles purchasing in Brazil and packaging for US shipment
- As we work through our list, we contact the next in line and request payment the day before Carlos ships; I like getting payment immediately before shipping... that way we're not sitting on anybody's money
- On the day it's shipped, Carlos will email me the shipping details including a tracking number that enables the buyer to follow the shipment both in Brazil and in the US; I'll then forward that information to the buyer
- Delivery takes 8-11 days

That's the gist of it!
Okay, thanks!
I am grateful, as I'm sure others are as well, that you have marshaled the wherewithal to undertake this task for the community.

Next week I will send you the required information and have the money set aside.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted much in the last few months b/c of other goings-on.

We're shipping headlights from time to time. The last four pairs we bought from the jobber exhibited better QC than we had seen prior, possibly (probably?) because we bitched, big-time.

We're short on stock now but plan to order another four pairs ASAP.

We occasionally get requests from the EU, most recently from Germany and Poland, but they're typically "kicking the tires".

I had shoulder surgery 10 days ago (my left, non-dominant) so I'm typing with one hand and will be for a while yet...

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best wishes for your recovery. Take your PT seriously, but don't overdo it. Feel free to ask me how I know.

Thanks, I do take the PT seriously, I don't want that "frozen shoulder" problem! I'm using the same PT facility that helped me post-hip replacement (2020), the lady there was/is great to work with.

@shovelbill, I see your Artebs landed in Miami this morning and are headed to US customs. You may receive them b/f week's end
:cheers:

Last edited: