Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next-steps: What to do, and if, and when...

We're sold-out of Arteb headlights for the moment... at least, so it appears.

We've got four pairs headed to Carlos (in Jacobina) from the jobber (in Sarandi, 8hrs west of São Paulo), but shipping is all f'd up in Brazil because of Brazil's post-election truckers' "strike" (see my earlier post from Nov3, above). So we're waiting on them to be delivered.

According to tracking, the shipment is somewhere between Feira de Santana and Jacobina.

Once Carlos receives them, all four pairs are slated to be shipped abroad as soon as possible...

- one pair goes to a GMT400 member,
- another pair goes to an individual who found us via the website, and
- two pairs go to an individual in Poland who needs them in order to conform with local laws (the Artebs are EU approved). What's interesting is he's probably the fourth request from Poland we've received, although he's the first actual buyer.

So Carlos and I are debating what to do now that we've run-out:

- Carlos has requested and awaits a quote for another 12 pairs, and he's been told there's a price increase.

- The exchange rate has been inching up, in our favor, now at 5.37:1. That's good.

- The cost of shipping via Correios remains unchanged and is expected to remain unchanged in the near term. That's good, too.

So given all these above ^^^ we'll calculate a US$ selling price and, if we think there is market demand at that price, make another purchase.

Otherwise, we sit and wait... wait for the exchange rate to improve, wait for a rash of new demand,...

So far I recon we will have shipped 5 + 12 + 12 = 29 pairs since Dec 2021.

Those of you who have a pair, you’re part of a very notable group :cheers:

Cheers!

Last edited:

mn_ski

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy Cow, I am glad I pulled the trigger and got these. I am like the second to last person to receive a set before all of this shipping blockage happened! I am planning to get mine installed before the end of the year and now I feel obligated to, lol :cool:

Thanks again @1998_K1500_Sub for your work on these.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update on truckers' strike and the latest shipment:

The shipment delayed by the truckers' strike finally arrived, four pairs from the jobber. I'm glad there wasn't a problem enroute, e.g., damage or a lost shipment.

Here's Carlos standing guard over the goods...

Attachments

• Four pair - Carlos.jpg
    Four pair - Carlos.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 19

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SHIPPING TO OTHER COUNTRIES: Poland

Carlos this past Monday shipped TWO pairs of headlights to a GMT400 owner in Poland residing in city near Rokietnica.

What's interesting is the cost of shipping a single pair to Poland is only a bit more than the cost of shipping a single pair to the US.

The stated transit time to the destination in Poland is 7-10 days (same as to the US) and it will be interesting to see how the shipment progresses.

What I've learned is that the US, Brazil, Poland and many other countries (192 total) are members of the Universal Postal Union...

- UPU on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Postal_Union

- UPU member countries https://www.upu.int/en/Universal-Postal-Union/About-UPU/Member-Countries

Shipping between member countries is, or appears to be, quite seamless for the end user (Carlos). Carlos simply visits his local Correios office (Correios is the national carrier in Brazil) and posts the shipment there, regardless of destination (US, Poland, other).

Tracking the shipment is similar to using USPS in the US; Poland's postal service's website provides tracking information in both Polish and English:

- Polish Post aka Poczta Polska tracking https://emonitoring.poczta-polska.pl/?lang=en

Here's how the shipment to Poland looks on a map... well, as presented by Google anyway:

(note: I may later update this map once I learn of the city of entry through which the shipment will pass in Poland; for shipments from Brazil to the US, that city is Miami).

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WE'RE ON HOLD:

We're on hold for a while.

Carlos is out of stock and our plan is to purchase another 12 pairs, as I stated on Nov17. However,...

We first want to eliminate some Arteb & jobber quality control issues related to the adjuster mechanism. We plan to, at least,...

(1) Put our purchase plan on hold,

(2) Follow-up with the jobber & Arteb to root-cause and remedy the issues, and

(3) Bring Carlos up to speed on how to check / inspect for them.

More on this as it evolves...

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
We first want to eliminate some Arteb & jobber quality control issues related to the adjuster mechanism. We plan to, at least,...

I still have not fixed mine. It's not so much that I'm having continued issues with it, I just haven't made it a prioirty. I did buy a longer screw that will hopefully allow me to securely attach the C shaped metal piece to the housing. The driver's side is on the truck, a TYC is on the passenger side, and the grill is in the garage, waiting for me to find the screws for it. I don't remember where I put them.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have not fixed mine ... I did buy a longer screw that will hopefully allow me to securely attach the C shaped metal piece to the housing.
^^^
Exactly.

It's also no secret that the adjuster mechanisms aren't working as freely as they should.

When I first saw / heard of these problems, I expected (hoped?) they would be one-time issues. Unfortunately, they've happened more than once, and that's inexcusable.

People have been very understanding when issues have occurred. But the fact remains, this is unacceptable and we've got to nip this in the bud.

We're learning.

Think back... back to December 2021, when we initially we bought the headlights via www.mercadolivre.com.br, 3 pairs first, and later 3 more pairs (one of which we returned because it was obviously compromised). We thereafter tried to get away from Mercadolivre because the pricing wasn't good, the available quantity was iffy, and we were afraid it was a dumping ground for poor quality product.

So, we worked with Arteb to find a jobber, and generally we've been pleased with the results. But issues remain.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Have you kept track if it's one side in particular? The issue with mine is on the passenger side.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you kept track if it's one side in particular? The issue with mine is on the passenger side.

Judging from what I was told, a boss near the center of one housing was stripped.

I've included a representative picture of the area (and not an actual picture from the user) and circled the two bosses that reside near the center. There's actually a long(ish) bracket that mounts on these two.

@454cid, I believe the issue you've mentioned is where that U-shaped bracket is shown in the foreground of the same picture.

Attachments

• 1670208287173.png
    1670208287173.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6