Accelerator pedal very sticky on 89 TBI 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I went to a friends house who has a 89 C1500 with the 350. We both unhooked out kickdown and accelerator cables. His TBI is MUCH easier to rotate! What are my options? Can I get another TBI? What years will interchange with this 89? I have a 95 G20 with the 350 as well, but it has developed a bad knock in the bottom end and its going to the big junkyard in the sky. Are they the same TBI?

Since I'm sure you'll be using your original injector pod, instead of the one on the van's tbi, then you should have no worries. The tbi's are the same, the 95 one will use a twin stud setup, just unscrew them and install your single stud into the center of the tbi and you should be good to go.

onebadtwo

Reaction score
Update: I found another TBI that was a direct swap and had it rebuilt after doing most of the ultimate TBI mods. This solved about 25% of the problem. I cut the silly little cover off the accelerator cable which did nothing at all. I then disassembled the gas padal and cleaned and lubed it with some silicone spray which also did absolutely nothing. I ended up going to one of the local Chevy dealers and picked up a new accelerator cable and the truck is like brand new!