Ac condenser. High pressure. Switch. Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyguy496

Reaction score
Hi fellow gm gurus have a 2000 gmc k2500 5.7 vortec was. Doing normal maintenance. The other day. Plugs and wires. Noticed. That. One of the two orange wires. Coming off the. High pressure switch on the dryer was just dangling. I've looked in my. Chilton. Manual. On the wiring diagram they provide. But. No luck. Finding where it goes been told both orange wires go to a relay but not sure. Any of you gm gurus can shed some light on this would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

chevyguy496

Reaction score
Snap a photo.
Hey figured it out. Old owner. Used piece of orange wire. To replace. Instead of the OEM color. Ac working good now just. Trying to figure out how. To make it push more air out of vents. No cabin filter. On this model that I've seen. Been told. Replace. Blower. Moter but it works

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your HVAC ducts have foam surrounding a lot of the openings. If the foam has degraded and never been replaced, the air can leak out through the degraded foam instead of flowing entirely through the duct.

Also, when was the last time your evaporator core was cleaned or replaced? Dirty evaporator core can also reduce air flow.

Finally, consider replacing the blower motor resistor. It can cause the blower motor to operate at a reduced speed thus decreasing the volume or air flow. And, if blower motor has not been replaced in a while, that is something else worth considering to be replaced.