A Little Different. Ideas On Actual Weight Of This Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HI all,
Been asked to move/trailer this tow truck!
I need to know an actual rough weight on it. Anyone have any idea? Truck is a few hours away so can't go check anything, so I thought to check the Chevy Source here!

Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats the wrecker body? Holmes, Samson, call'em up get that add a C3500 cab chassis weight you'll be close.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My K2500 is almost at that wt. I'd guess it could easily get 6000. There should be data plates somewhere with upfitted class and weights unless it's home made.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That is what I am trying to determine. I have a couple car haulers, but I think I've only got about a 5000-pound useful load. The truck will fit easily but I think it is going to be a little heavy.

I think you'll be coming up a bit short if you wanna be legit. A pickup like that would have been about 5000# in 4wd form. Subtract 500 or so for the pickup bed and add in what it has.

I'm thinking this is a good estimate.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far all I can find on the Holmes 440 is a weight of 870 Lbs. this one has the lift also which will add weight.
Looks like an '84 cab/chassis is about 5000 Lbs.