A Little Different. Ideas On Actual Weight Of This Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd bet that Holmes bed is more than 870 lbs. @someotherguy may have a better idea.
That dirty dog is going to be closer to 10K lbs than most would believe. (the whole truck, that is.)

Edit - for clarification, that bed weight of 870, don't know the source, but I'll hazard a guess that is literally just the sheetmetal structure of the "body" - the recovery boom likely weighs far more than that alone. The added wheel lift is heavy, too.

I used to run a 90's GMT400 C3500 regular cab with a conventional wrecker unit (Chevron 804 IIRC) and we pulled more than a few junkers across the scrapyard scale, that truck was a 350/NV4500 so it wasn't super heavy or anything. The unit was just a regular L-arm style wrecker wheel lift, with a sling, not the same exact setup as OP's squarebody truck but similar in terms of equipment. It was 10K+ unloaded.

Richard

Last edited: