A/C help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm replacing the ac system in my 88 k2500. I'm having trouble finding the correct seals for the hose to compressor. The ones that came with it are too thin and one port is cut deeper than the original. Anyone have a part number for correct seals? I bought individual ones from napa but they don't fit. I'm also reusing the original hoses cause the replacements are angled different than oem. One part hits the end of valve cover and the other against the electrical connector for the air injection pump. Thank guys.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually the new compressor comes with the seals and a spacer washer to get both ports to the same level. Did you buy a new compressor or didn't you get the little baggie with all the parts?

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually the new compressor comes with the seals and a spacer washer to get both ports to the same level. Did you buy a new compressor or didn't you get the little baggie with all the parts?
Bought everything from rockauto. The compressor is an ac delco #1520285 it came with seals but only one would fit

682XLR8

Reaction score
What brand hoses did you get? I just bought the AC Delco ones from Rockauto this morning, hope I don't run into any problems with them....guess I'll find out when they get here

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why you take your original hoses to a hosemaker. They cut the old hose off your "correct" hose ends. When they re-assemble, as long as they get the length and phasing correct, the "rebuilt" hose assembly should fit just like the original.

Ideally, they'd use "barrier hose" to prevent refrigerant loss via hose porosity.

Of course, this assumes that your original hose ends are in good condition.

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What brand hoses did you get? I just bought the AC Delco ones from Rockauto this morning, hope I don't run into any problems with them....guess I'll find out when they get here
Oreilly's I ended up taking them back. I also went to advance auto, autozone, and napa. They seem to be the exact same part with just different brands. The hoses were flexible rubber that I could easily squish. It would most likely expand when pressurized. Oem's are hard, like hydraulic style hoses. The crimps for high and low on compressor side are close together on oem. But spread apart on aftermarket. I didn't want to risk breaking the aluminum tubes by bending them to clear the valve cover and air pump connector. The ac delco pictures look just like every stores part.

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's why you take your original hoses to a hosemaker. They cut the old hose off your "correct" hose ends. When they re-assemble, as long as they get the length and phasing correct, the "rebuilt" hose assembly should fit just like the original.

Ideally, they'd use "barrier hose" to prevent refrigerant loss via hose porosity.

Of course, this assumes that your original hose ends are in good condition.
The flare end of the hose was being bitten into by the threads from the condenser nut fitting. I had to bang on it to get them to separate. Since I couldn't find a suitable replacement. I've been smoothing out the marks cut into the flared fitting. It seems to be ok. I honestly think the flared part wont affect the seal because of the o ring that's doing the actual work. I just didn't want it to get caught in the threads on the new condenser. I asked about getting them rebuilt. But it's not the hose part that was the problem.