99 L31 Burb won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
'99 C1500 Burb,L31 5.7, was running okay when parked the other day. Will crank but not fire and run. I checked the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and no fuel spurts out. I can't hear the pump when I put the key in On either. Fuel pump relay is only a few years old and looks brand new, no corrosion. Starter and battery are good as well, only a couple months old. I also swapped out the Crank fuse cause it was a little corroded. I bought a new module and coil but haven't installed them; no point if it's not getting fuel?
Anyone got any ideas? I really need to get this one running since my crew cab dumped me and a new transmission for it, isn't in the budget soon. Thanks in advance!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't hear the pump when I put the key in On either.
IDK about your newer trucks but, on my old one there's a fuse feeding the fuel pump relay. As mentioned above try jumping the relay after you verify you have 12volts there.

Which pins? There are 5
Sorry, I can't help you there, do you have an FSM for it?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's also a wire just hanging there near the fuse block that's supposed to be for energizing the fuel pump. But I'll be honest, I've (edit: never had to) jump it myself.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
No fuse for fuel pump, only the relay. I checked both boxes. I don't have a jumper wire for these tiny terminals.