'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got the 'burb back Friday. I noticed it seemed a lot louder than it was and I figured it was just a bad weld where they had to cut the crossover to pull the trans out. It was pouring rain so I couldn't inspect it until I got it home in the carport. Upon inspection, I found that they didn't even have the exhaust welded back together and they didn't replace the no leaking tailshaft seal. I gave a call and spoke with the general manager about it and he transferred me to the service manager. The service manager said "leave it to her to send something out that isn't finished yet." He asked if I could drop it off and I told I'm that I already have it and have waited almost 2 months again to get it back. He arranged for me to go to the exhaust shop to have it welded and have it charged to the dealership. I decided to replace the tailshaft seal myself because I wasn't dealing with It sitting for another week just for a 30 minute job. I also inspected the clearance as well on the band, and the servo cover moved in right at a quarter inch, which is maximum spec.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wow, that is not cool what the dealership did. I can't believe they would be beyond busy for it to take as long as it did. But I'm glad they are paying for the exhaust job.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They're ranting and raving about the trans being put behind more power than it was designed for which is crap because GM put those behind 6.0s in the Denalis and Vortec Max trucks. That said, for your application I'd be much more inclined to run a 6 speed.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a little update on Storm:
The transmission has been holding up well so far and is shifting good now that the band has been replaced and adjusted with the correct length pin.
I painted and mounted my transmission temp gauge pillar pod. I still have the wiring to do but wanted to get an idea of what it'll look like.
Yesterday I had a little accident taking a turn a little too quick with worn tires and slid into a ditch. Thankfully it didnt mess anything up really besides the bumper, filler panel, tow hook, and the license plate bracket and plate. Needless to say I'll be getting new tires soon!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Scored a set of k2xx 18" chrome clad wheels for 80 bucks. I plan on removing the chrome cladding and painting the wheels gloss black and leave the windows between the spokes polished.
I'm fighting a p0200 injector circuit malfunction code and have raw gas vapors coming out from the exhaust. I've replaced the injectors with another set I had with no luck. Looks like I'll be digging into the harness to find where its grounding itself out at.
Also developed a harsh ticking noise that I'm hoping is only a loose torque converter bolt.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had a P0200 when I didn't fully seat 2 injector plugs on my dually, so I had the honor of yanking the plenum back off the next day. I'd just ohm through every injector at the PCM by unplugging it.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a P0200 when I didn't fully seat 2 injector plugs on my dually, so I had the honor of yanking the plenum back off the next day. I'd just ohm through every injector at the PCM by unplugging it.
That's what I'm going to do. I unplugged each injector one by one to see if it quit smoking but it never did. That led me to believe it was one of the injectors so I just swapped them all out with some from a low mileage 4.8 that did got for my brothers truck. That didnt do the trick. Must be multiple wires grounding out. Hope the transmission tech at the dealership didnt get my harness pinched between the trans and the engine. Wouldnt surprise me though.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I inspected my wiring last night and all looks well. Only spot on the loom where there was an issue was behind the driver's side head. The head had rubbed/melted a hole in the loom, but the wires inside looked fine. I wonder if when my plastic heater tee cracked, if it sprayed coolant near the injector connectors and possibly got some in the connectors which may cause it to ground itself out. I'll be getting electrical connection cleaner and a test noid set from the parts store tonight to check which cylinders it's on.