'99 K1500 Suburban "Storm"

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by Stepside_fever95, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Stepside_fever95

Stepside_fever95 I'm Awesome

Yes, it's around the front drum I believe. The bad thing is, once it starts slipoing and burning up, it's not long before the other clutches start to burn up due to heat too.
    I have no experience rebuilding one, but I've watched enough on them that I'm sure I could do a pretty good job. I may buy a core to rebuild for the next time this one goes out. Either that or save up for a Performabuilt stage 2 4l60e.

2. Stepside_fever95

And we still wait to hear from the dealership... 2 months in total they've had it there now. I'm getting very impatient with them.

3. Z71Hobbs

Z71Hobbs I'm Awesome

I’d be calling the general manager. 1 month is in excess...

Stepside_fever95 likes this.
  4. GarrettGmc

GarrettGmc I'm Awesome

I've worked for a ford/dodge dealership an most of the time if u weren't buddy buddy with the service writer youd be at the end of the list. Kinda the same scenario now being at a Polaris dealership but most of the time it's a backordered part. Had a transmission for a brand new ranger that took 2 months just to get.

Needless to say it sucks, I'd go in an talk to the manager. Going in works better then calling, plus u can ask to grab something out of the truck so u can see what/if they've done anything.

5. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

You're definitely a lot more patient than I am; I dropped my old green Burb off for a rear planetary replacement and some t-case work, they told me two days and later that week I was on my way to get it and take it somewhere else.

Stepside_fever95 likes this.
  6. Stepside_fever95

They are waiting on a shift solenoid to come in last I heard. I'm still concerned it won't correct the issue. I'll be fighting for a new transmission next time if it happens. I was told that it wouldn't be another month wait again, but here we are 3 and a half weeks later... they've had it 2 months out of the past 3 months.

7. BNielsen

BNielsen I'm Awesome

Maybe 4L80E time? The only trans shop that I've heard is remotely worth a damn is Bench Built Transmissions in Landis, unless there's someone good in your neck of the woods?

8. Stepside_fever95

I was leaning towards a stage 2 performabuilt transmission. They have a 2 year warranty regardless what application it is or if it's raced and dogged a lot. They also rate it at 700rwhp and it's what a lot of the nbs guys go with when looking for a performance transmission that'll handle a trucks weight well. I haven't read of anyone having any issue with their performabuilt 4l60e.