99 Denali Alarm

Discussion in 'Audio + Electronics' started by eg30.06, Oct 30, 2020.

1. eg30.06

eg30.06 I'm Awesome

have a 99 Denali that has alarm issues. Alarm goes off every time you open the door with ot unlocked. Cycle the key and it stops.. PO pulled the horn fuse, now I know why!

SUBURBAN5 and HotWheelsBurban like this.
  2. AK49BWL

AK49BWL GMT400 Forever!

You can turn the alarm feature completely off. Unfortunately, there's no way to disarm the system without the keyfob (except ignition cycling), as the BCM has no lock cylinder switch inputs, and the system will arm every time you lock the doors and get out.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/escalade-bcm-keyless-entry-programming-and-beyond.50568/

Scroll down the first post to the point of using the door unlock button to enable or disable the alarm, and just shut the system off until your new fobs come in.

JWOK, SUBURBAN5 and HotWheelsBurban like this.
  3. eg30.06

eg30.06 I'm Awesome

Just programmed the new key fob and it works but still have the same issue with the alarm.

HotWheelsBurban and SUBURBAN5 like this.
  4. SUBURBAN5

SUBURBAN5 I'm Awesome

I dont think these alarms are like the new vehicles. My suburban came with a alarm from the dealer.... red LED light. If the doors are unlock. There's nothing sensing a remote like modern cars. Instead it has a timer I think. After like 30sec the alarm will arm but not lock. Mine always been this was since day 1.

HotWheelsBurban likes this.
  5. SUBURBAN5

SUBURBAN5 I'm Awesome

If you lock the doors btw the alarm arms instantly

JWOK, HotWheelsBurban and AK49BWL like this.
  6. AK49BWL

AK49BWL GMT400 Forever!

Those are correct - with the key out, when you lock the doors with either the fob or the door switch, the system will arm, and once you close the door, the system is active. If a disarm (unlock) signal is not received from the fob, the alarm will go off when you open the door. That's how these guys work lol. There's also a mode where the system will arm whether you lock the doors or not, so you may need to change the BCM programming to disable that.

7. SUBURBAN5

SUBURBAN5 I'm Awesome

Yup that's how mine is

8. eg30.06

eg30.06 I'm Awesome

Awesome thanks for all the information, it worked perfectly. Curious though, after disconnecting the battery do it go back to factory settings?

9. SUBURBAN5

SUBURBAN5 I'm Awesome

Say I have the alarm turn off then I disconnect the battery.... when it gains power 2 things happen.. 1 alarm goes off and gotta use the remote...really embarrassing btw.. 2 alarm doesn't come on but once a walk away it goes back to arming itself.. if I'm confusing then answer yes lol

10. AK49BWL

AK49BWL GMT400 Forever!

In my experimentation with the BCM I have, programming settings are retained no matter how long the battery is disconnected. Also, if the system is armed when the battery is disconnected, it will remain armed when it is reconnected. Sub5, you have a freak system lolol

SUBURBAN5 and HotWheelsBurban like this.