95 K1500 Viper alarm has me stumped.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
‘95 GMC Sierra K1500. Factory power door locks & windows, but no factory keyless entry.

All I wanted was a system to remotely lock/unlock the doors, but the Viper 3100v was so cheap that I decided to just go ahead and add the alarm along with the door locks.

Today was finally the day to wire it up. the12volt.com listed all of the correct wiring colors to tap into. I confirmed all of them with a good +/- test light. Hooked everything up easily enough only to find out that the units door lock/unlock green & blue outputs on the 3-pin harness don’t seem to be doing anything. Supposedly this unit has relays built in so that it will power “most” door lock actuators without any additional wiring. But DE also sells a 451M relay harness that must be used for some vehicles.

Sooo??? Are our trucks among those vehicles that need additional relays to run the door locks?

I’m done for today. Hopefully one of you can give me a clue here before I jump back onto it tomorrow.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Tom.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I need a little more information..... is it an extended cab or regular cab?

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 wire reverse polarity wiring on the 2 door models and positive (+) trigger on the extended cab models.

If I remember correctly the viper 3100 only has negative (-) outputs on the alarm.....

Either way you will need two relays and the wiring will depend on the model of vehicle.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 wire reverse polarity wiring on the 2 door models and positive (+) trigger on the extended cab models.

If I remember correctly the viper 3100 only has negative (-) outputs on the alarm.....

Either way you will need two relays and the wiring will depend on the model of vehicle.
Thank you. Extended Cab.

I searched and searched and finally came up with what I think is the proper relay wiring diagram. Looks like a direct + trigger for both lock and unlock. “Type-C” if that is a generic term. Rather than trying to figure out where to physically mount the pair of relays I sucked it up and ordered the D-E 451M compact relay system which apparently plugs right into the Viper brain box.

Once that arrives I’ll know if I damaged my brain box by trying to trigger the lock actuators directly. Some of the instructions I was able to finally find tell me I’m almost guaranteed to have screwed it up by doing so. Hopefully I’m pleasantly surprised and not a victim of my impatience.

Thank you for responding.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My relay system arrived yesterday so I hit the garage this morning to wire up the door lock actuators. I donated a few 15A fuses to the project before I realized that I was trying to wire the relays in backwards. But now it works great. I was happy to discover that my brain box survived my hasty incorrect initial wiring attempts unscathed. Tomorrow morning I’ll tidy everything up and finally put the lower dash back together.

It wasn’t intuitive, but the truck locks did require cutting both the white and the light blue wires and splicing the relay system between the cuts. For anyone else attempting this here’s how the DE relay system wires into the harness inside the driver’s kick panel:

Attachments

• 587CE366-DE17-482A-95CB-84D50EF38986.jpeg
    587CE366-DE17-482A-95CB-84D50EF38986.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 40