98 Z71 leaf spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not sure if it has or hasn't its not stock that's for sure but he could've just turn the keys al the way up or he could have installed a kit controleE arms and dff bracket but im not sure i have no way of telling cause everything is greasy

Are the torsion bars hanging from a bracket below the frame from the side view? That's usually a dead giveaway that it's a full lift kit and not just arms and crank. If so, installing the full kits require cutting mounts and removing it is more involved than just bolting the stock parts back on. I don't know about the crank and control arm kits, I've never worked with those before.

Buying a new set of springs with the correct amount of lift is really the best and safest way. You could just get a new block and U bolts if your springs are ok, but I'd check the bolt in the center of the leafs to make sure it's still got enough of a head on it to keep it aligned.

And the good shocks. I put Bilstein 5100s on my truck when I lifted it and they are well worth the money.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Yep, there should still be some sort of alignment pin on the bottom of those lift blocks too. If they already have a hole in the correct spot, you can get creative and thread it and put in a grade-8 bolt with a rounded off head to fit into your axle spring perch. I would take apart the passenger side and do this also.

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, there should still be some sort of alignment pin on the bottom of those lift blocks too. If they already have a hole in the correct spot, you can get creative and thread it and put in a grade-8 bolt with a rounded off head to fit into your axle spring perch. I would take apart the passenger side and do this also.
i thought about just taking off the block since i want to drop my truck

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The spring should have an alignment pin, part of a bolt that holds the leaves together in the middle.

I had problems with that on a Nova. Had to get creative, 'cause the new springs caused the axle to slide to the rear when I hit the brakes.