98 Z71 leaf spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i want to remove the lift kit could i just remove the blocks or are there more things that im missing
Theres likely more.
The "cheapskate" might just throw in lift blocks and drive away.
The "pro" would install longer rear shocks with the blocks.
My advice is: install new, OE size shocks when you return to OE ride height.

The "pro" would install a longer rear brake hose, one of superior quality.
My advice is: leave it alone. It's not gonna hurt having a little extra length.

To me, a "lift kit" implies the front AND rear has been lifted. Has it?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New Yuck isnt much better. Winter time freeze and thaw creates the worst potholes I've ever "slalom coursed" around.
People watched swamp people, and think, that's what Louisiana is like. Well, yes, we have a very large swamp, but we also have some decent size city's and towns. I live in a city of around 200,000 people. The metro is around 650,000 people. What amazes me, is when you cross the state line in any direction, just how much better the roads are. Texas, fine roads, Mississippi, fine roads, and Mississippi is a much poorer state than Louisiana is. Where does Mississippi get the tax money to keep up there roads, and why can't Louisiana do the same thing? My drive back and forth to work, is horrible. It's hard to get my truck to hold an alignment. There is no way to avoid the bad roads. There is no way around it, because all of the roads are like that, except for the new construction. It took about 3 years to inlarge the main road leading into my subdivision. They bought property to do this, in the 1960s. It only took 60 years to do the work. Then our mayor at the time, decides to make it a Boulevard, with left turn lanes, but not all roads have a turn lane. So now you have idiots that are in the left lane, stopping traffic, so they can turn left, where they are not supposed to.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good points.

OP, are you going to try to fix this yourself? Although not a huge job as has been mentioned, having some tools and a helper would make the job easier. Maybe you can you a buddy over that can help?

You can probably find the OEM blocks/top plates at the local wrecking yard for cheap. Order some new u bolts and torque them to specifications.

Clean the fluid in the axle while you are down there and drive it until you see the source of the leak. You may need to add differential fluid. Don't want to burn up your gears if the differential runs dry.

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Theres likely more.
The "pro" would install longer rear shocks with the blocks.
My advice is: install new, OE size shocks when you return to OE ride height.

The "pro" would install a longer rear brake hose, one of superior quality.
My advice is: leave it alone. It's not gonna hurt having a little extra length.

To me, a "lift kit" implies the front AND rear has been lifted. Has it?
im not sure if it has or hasn't its not stock that's for sure but he could've just turn the keys al the way up or he could have installed a kit controleE arms and dff bracket but im not sure i have no way of telling cause everything is greasy

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It makes me wonder why everybody's looking for 20s. Give me some 15s and a fat sidewall.
One of my car show buddies, bought a 2005 Vette from a friend of his, BC the rear tire wouldn't hold air. The rim was cracked, BC of how bad our roads are. Although the guy He got the Vette from does live in the Parish ( same as you county)
Just north of ours. It is a poor area, but still in all, the roads are so bad, it's braking rims.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
. Where does Mississippi get the tax money to keep up there roads, and why can't Louisiana do the same thing?
Much of it has to do with how they allocate the money. At the state level here, to much goes to department overhead and other things not related to infrastructure maintenance. It does no good to build new interstates or highways when we can't even maintain the existing ones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie