98 Z71 leaf spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that an aftermarket leaf block? I thought they had a center pin that locates it (and probably takes side load) on the hole of the leaf spring perch on the axle?

Those ubolts look really long like the aftermarket lift block kits.

You can see the hole on the 4th photo of your last post.

And why is everything wet down there?

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that an aftermarket leaf block? I thought they had a center pin that locates it (and probably takes side load) on the hole of the leaf spring perch on the axle?

Those ubolts look really long like the aftermarket lift block kits.

You can see the hole on the 4th photo of your last post.

And why is everything wet down there?
yeah I bought this truck with the lift kit on it the owner didn't know much about the truck I'm the 3rd person to own it and why everything is wet I have no clue by drum brakes are dry the whole Dif is wet including the shocks break lines are good

69project

Reaction score
In your first picture, are the leaves broken, it looks like some are at least chipped or something. I can only wonder what caused the block to slip?

What is the third picture supposed to be showing. The tube looks fine and I see the bottom of the U bolt.

Have you hit a really bad pothole or something in the recent past?

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In your first picture, are the leaves broken, it looks like some are at least chipped or something. I can only wonder what caused the block to slip?

What is the third picture supposed to be showing. The tube looks fine and I see the bottom of the U bolt.

Have you hit a really bad pothole or something in the recent past?
man my city has deep potholes everywhere

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The u-bolts were left loose, the top plate is missing, the center bolt broke at the nib, and the nib of the lift block also broke.
Whoever did this did a terrible job and should be tarred & feathered on the 6-o-clock news.

DANGEROUS, DO NOT DRIVE.

Have it towed to a shop. It's an easy repair, new u-bolts, new center bolts and new lift blocks.
Replace BOTH sides for safety sake.
I work at a suspension shop that does this exact type of work. It's a 45 min job.

Edit: If you zoom in on the pic of the right rear, you'll see the top plate. It locates the top of the u-bolts, and has a hole that keys off the centerbolt.

Last edited:

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like bent u bolts and it jumped off the pin on the axle. Please let us know the perpetrator of your lift kit installation.. Shame on the mess !!!!

LCALDERA98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The u-bolts were left loose, the top plate is missing, the center bolt broke at the nib, and the nib of the lift block also broke.
Whoever did this did a terrible job and should be tarred & feathered on the 6-o-clock news.

DANGEROUS, DO NOT DRIVE.

Have it towed to a shop. It's an easy repair, new u-bolts, new center bolts and new lift blocks.
Replace BOTH sides for safety sake.
I work at a suspension shop that does this exact type of work. It's a 45 min job.

Edit: If you zoom in on the pic of the right rear, you'll see the top plate. It locates the top of the u-bolts, and has a hole that keys off the centerbolt.
i want to remove the lift kit could i just remove the blocks or are there more things that im missing