98 chevy 1500 engine issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
ok i think the moter is out of a car also witch would u guys think would be better i dont have a engine stand i was going to use a tractor and loader wit chains at m buddys house to put in and remove engine and her is about a hour drive so i am going to tart the 31 and hopefully get done the 4th no my next ueston witch weould be bust just swapin my heads and vortec parts on to another 350 block like m plan says or get the rebuild kit for 297+tax http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEM-MK6504-000/?rtype=10 im stuck on it fellas i just want a good reliably truck dont care much about power im a looks guy myself anyways as long as it can move a trailer once and again im fine.

i will be going to colluage in a few months at univertsey of north western ohio in lima to be a auto/deisal tech high performence and all that lol so i am needin a truck i can count on i live in kentland indiana so its abnout a 3hr or 4hr drive so its a good bit

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actualley its 1986+ and also Some TBI cars got roller cams as well.

Yeah I wasn't sure on the changeover year, I just knew all TBI's factory were 1 piece, and yeah I have used a couple of motor's out of Caprice's that were factory roller TBI.

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
ok i think the moter is out of a car also witch would u guys think would be better i dont have a engine stand i was going to use a tractor and loader wit chains at m buddys house to put in and remove engine and her is about a hour drive so i am going to tart the 31 and hopefully get done the 4th no my next ueston witch weould be bust just swapin my heads and vortec parts on to another 350 block like m plan says or get the rebuild kit for 297+tax http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEM-MK6504-000/?rtype=10 im stuck on it fellas i just want a good reliably truck dont care much about power im a looks guy myself anyways as long as it can move a trailer once and again im fine.

i will be going to colluage in a few months at univertsey of north western ohio in lima to be a auto/deisal tech high performence and all that lol so i am needin a truck i can count on i live in kentland indiana so its abnout a 3hr or 4hr drive so its a good bit

any ideas fellas

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we used a trucktor with a hay spike 3 times last yr to do motor swaps

dude ive got 2 buddys that go up there its a rly great skool
and well if u like to party lol u need to meet them

Dougm72

bout 5ft from concrate
Reaction score
ya i love the school iv take all my colluage days in high school up there its a great place its not whos cools and studd like that its all good people haits all about thunder under the hood and lighting in a jar

also guys would u recommend a rebuild or just swap the vortec parts?