98 c1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dc8610

Reaction score
hey guys sorry if this has been asked before. I have a 98 c1500 350 5.7 and is it normal for this year engine to have to press gas pedal to start? on cold starts it will start up fine by itself without pushing gas but on a warm it cranks until I give it gas most of the time. when driving it does not hesitate or sputter it drives like a brand new car. thanks in advance.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It should be able to start by turning a key like a sum what modern truck. It's not a Carburetor and sometimes it may crank a long time indicating a leaky fuel regulator.(not normal) Now sometimes you can turn the key to the on position to prime the fuel and then start the motor.

Dc8610

Reaction score
It should be able to start by turning a key like a sum what modern truck. It's not a Carburetor and sometimes it may crank a long time indicating a leaky fuel regulator.(not normal) Now sometimes you can turn the key to the on position to prime the fuel and then start the motor.
I let it prime for about 5 seconds but I still have to give it a little gas on warm starts to get it going.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine did that right before the fuel pump went out. After I put a new pump in that never happened again.