98 k1500 possible ecm/pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carsonepps8

Reaction score
My thing is though why is it throwing all those codes. The motor barely has 20k on it and I don’t drive like a bat out of hell. And it’s a brand new egr.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thing is though why is it throwing all those codes. The motor barely has 20k on it and I don’t drive like a bat out of hell. And it’s a brand new egr.
What brand EGR? And what caused you to replace it in the first place?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the scan tool BACK on the vehicle, and look at the data stream. The real diagnostic power is in the data, not the "codes".

"Codes" can be helpful, but not like the data.

Follow the service manual diagnostic procedure to resolve the existing codes.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t remember what brand and it was the stock egr with clogged debris.
They are supposed to be cleaned I believe every 60k. A cleaned original might be better than a Chinese aftermarket.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would verify the cam offfset based on the P0300, P0340, and the MAF code. Mine threw a MAF code until my cam offset was dialed in.

The engine is new, but how's the distributor/distributor gear? Did if come off the old engine and onto the new one? A badly worn gear could be causing some of the symptoms you're describing.

Last edited: