PCM Program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any advice and thoughts: $75

This what these do: better timing curves , better fuel maps,TCC lock up delayed ,removal of all dead spots in the throttle ,removal of the annoying and unnecessary downshifting,smoother idle ,lowered fan temps, no top speed limiter,increased rev limits,firmer shifts,changed shift points (4l60e and newer only)removal of emissions such as egr and air pump upon request and removal of various trouble codes permanently upon request , 25 RWHP averages

OK what does involves is I start off with the exact stock chip made for your vehicle out of a database FOR GM vehicles from 1987 up to 1995, and I also need the exact vehicle specs, including any modifications made to the engine, which will be taken into account when the tune is made, and then burned onto a blank chip which is identical physically to the stock chip in your vehicle. Flash vehicles 96-02 require Pcm to be sent to me with vin number

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're asking if a reprogramming chip or "Flash" from an unidentified supplier to be used in an unidentified vehicle (but probably a '96-up "Vortec") is worth $75? Is that right?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the purpose of your post? Are you a tuner , ? Are advertising something?
Could you read your first paragraph as if you had never seen it before, and understand it?

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to hear more about this, the good and the bad.
Also, will this give you better, gas, mileage, or worse?

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am asking from me purchasing aspect. I have a 98 C1500. The place is a company that does this but requires me to ship my PCM for programming. I would like opinions as to any benefits or downsides?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this were me, and I insisted on shipping-off the computer to get it "tuned", I would find a similar/identical Treasure Yard computer to ship off, and KEEP MY ORIGINAL COMPUTER UNMOLESTED.

If the "tuned" computer doesn't run right, I can plug the original back in and drive it while the "tuner-dude" has another shot at making it right. Otherwise, the vehicle is dead in the driveway until the Tuner makes good on his promises; and if the computer gets lost in shipping, I'd be screwed.

Since I just received computer-tuning equipment from Summit a couple of days ago, this is exactly my plan for my existing vehicles. Screwing-up the tune on a sacrificial spare computer is bad enough, making the vehicle un-driveable in the process would be far worse.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this were me, and I insisted on shipping-off the computer to get it "tuned", I would find a similar/identical Treasure Yard computer to ship off, and KEEP MY ORIGINAL COMPUTER UNMOLESTED.

If the "tuned" computer doesn't run right, I can plug the original back in and drive it while the "tuner-dude" has another shot at making it right. Otherwise, the vehicle is dead in the driveway until the Tuner makes good on his promises; and if the computer gets lost in shipping, I'd be screwed.

Since I just received computer-tuning equipment from Summit a couple of days ago, this is exactly my plan for my existing vehicles. Screwing-up the tune on a sacrificial spare computer is bad enough, making the vehicle un-driveable in the process would be far worse.
I definitely recommend what @Schurkey said as the computer is critical to the truck running and if you ship it away it may get delivered to the wrong address and you may never see it again.