PCM Program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How would I go about finding someone with an HPTuners?
You either buy it yourself and do your own tuning(or have someone do remote tuning for you). Or you can get someone local to do the tuning for you.

MPVI3 is about $400, not including enough credits for you to license your PCM. It's $100 for the (2) credits you would need to license the PCM. Or you can convert to an 0411 and use a $60 tool and free software.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, is it really worth tuning?
You'll pick up power and efficiency from tuning even a stock vehicle. If you have done any improvements(intake, exhaust, cam, etc...) then absolutely. If you have done any gear/tire changes then it is also helpful to be able to adjust shift parameters. Bluecat has a really good free tool that will give you all the parameters to plug right into HP tuners.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So BlueCat is software that you use to program but to use it, I will need the hardware correct? I apologize for dumb questions. I am not up to speed on programming. Only change that is made is I run a tire that is one up from stock. I believe it is a 275 tire.
You'll pick up power and efficiency from tuning even a stock vehicle. If you have done any improvements(intake, exhaust, cam, etc...) then absolutely. If you have done any gear/tire changes then it is also helpful to be able to adjust shift parameters. Bluecat has a really good free tool that will give you all the parameters to plug right into HP tuners.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So BlueCat is software that you use to program but to use it, I will need the hardware correct? I apologize for dumb questions. I am not up to speed on programming. Only change that is made is I run a tire that is one up from stock. I believe it is a 275 tire.
Bluecat is just a software program that you put some values in that are specific to your vehicle and it will spit out a bunch of corrected tables for shift points and pressures. You would need to use some free software if you switched to an 0411 computer to read/write the PCM and log/tune the parameters in the PCM file. You would just paste the values in the table from Bluecat into another tuning program to modify the actual values in your PCM.

HP tuners is more expensive, but it is a one stop shop. It is the tool and it comes with the software to read/write/log and adjust all the parameters.