97 K3500 7.4 02 sensors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The new OBDLink app has shown me that an 02 sensor has an issue with the heater. Considering they look old I think it may be best to change them all to get to a known state.

I found AC/Delco AFS106 - downstream and AC/Delco AFS93 upstream. There was also a number 213-1332 but I think it is the Delco Gold and shows unavailable.

Do these numbers look good to you guys?

I assume Delco is recommended?
Price is decent on Amazon.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I would double check availability on RoackAuto too.

Have you logged the o2 sensor response with your new tablet setup? It would be nice to see a before and after you replace them

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would double check availability on RoackAuto too.

Have you logged the o2 sensor response with your new tablet setup? It would be nice to see a before and after you replace them
I only got it set up and ran a few quick things to see how it did. Been raining so not great to sit outside working on it.
Need to find more detailed setup info for setting up the truck. It didn't auto detect so I have to go manual. Lot of parameters I don't know.

Will definitely take shots of before and after once I get this figured out.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The settings like volumetric efficiency doesnt matter since it has a MAP and MAF sensors.

The Brake Specific Fuel Consumption I just set for .45 which was a recommended value for naturally asperated engine.

The rest is pretty self explanatory IMO.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new OBDLink app has shown me that an 02 sensor has an issue with the heater. Considering they look old I think it may be best to change them all to get to a known state.
In general, folks wait WAY TOO LONG to change the O2 sensors. The sensors get "slow" as they age. They still work...but not like they should.

Changing all four is VERY recommended. You might as well buy the Lisle re-threading tool so you can restore the threads in the exhaust system that the sensors screw into.
www.amazon.com/Lisle-12230-Oxygen-Sensor-Thread/dp/B000XETMW0/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1Q2WJHIQNW3ZV

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And remember that when the O2 sensor is really seized in place, O2 "sockets" are friggin' useless. They have a split down one side to clear the wire harness; and the split spreads open. Then the socket slips on the sensor hex, rounding off the corners. O2 sensor sockets are great for INSTALLING O2 sensors, not for removing them. When an O2 sensor is really stuck, you'll need to cut the wire harness and use a deepwell 6-point impact socket. The tricky part is that MOST deepwell impact sockets don't have clearance inside the socket for the sensor body. My Snap-On impact sockets don't. Neither does SK. But Wright makes an impact socket that works great. Wright is a family-owned "industrial" tool company that makes product in the USA.

www.amazon.com/Wright-Tool-4928-6-Point-Impact/dp/B002VKBRCC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3L5J4S1KSCVJE

I found AC/Delco AFS106 - downstream and AC/Delco AFS93 upstream. There was also a number 213-1332 but I think it is the Delco Gold and shows unavailable.

Do these numbers look good to you guys?

I assume Delco is recommended?
Price is decent on Amazon.
I think I used NTK or Denso on my '97 7.4L. I don't remember the part numbers. I had multiple codes for heater circuit; along with slow-reponse and other problems. The heater circuit "could" be in the wire harness connected to the O2 sensor...but I figured the sensors were old enough that I didn't trust em. I chose wisely, none of my O2 sensor codes came back with the new sensors.

I got mine from Amazon.

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
In general, folks wait WAY TOO LONG to change the O2 sensors. The sensors get "slow" as they age. They still work...but not like they should.

Changing all four is VERY recommended.

Yea, Agreed! I just thought it would be cool to get a before and after snapshot since he has that ability now!

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The settings like volumetric efficiency doesnt matter since it has a MAP and MAF sensors.

The Brake Specific Fuel Consumption I just set for .45 which was a recommended value for naturally asperated engine.

The rest is pretty self explanatory IMO.
Yes, you are correct, pretty easy now that I take another look.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Changing all four is VERY recommended. You might as well buy the Lisle re-threading tool so you can restore the threads in the exhaust system that the sensors screw into.
www.amazon.com/Lisle-12230-Oxygen-Sensor-Thread/dp/B000XETMW0/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1Q2WJHIQNW3ZV

And remember that when the O2 sensor is really seized in place, O2 "sockets" are friggin' useless. They have a split down one side to clear the wire harness; and the split spreads open. Then the socket slips on the sensor hex, rounding off the corners. O2 sensor sockets are great for INSTALLING O2 sensors, not for removing them. When an O2 sensor is really stuck, you'll need to cut the wire harness and use a deepwell 6-point impact socket. The tricky part is that MOST deepwell impact sockets don't have clearance inside the socket for the sensor body. My Snap-On impact sockets don't. Neither does SK. But Wright makes an impact socket that works great. Wright is a family-owned "industrial" tool company that makes product in the USA.

www.amazon.com/Wright-Tool-4928-6-Point-Impact/dp/B002VKBRCC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3L5J4S1KSCVJE

I think I used NTK or Denso on my '97 7.4L. I don't remember the part numbers. I had multiple codes for heater circuit; along with slow-reponse and other problems. The heater circuit "could" be in the wire harness connected to the O2 sensor...but I figured the sensors were old enough that I didn't trust em. I chose wisely, none of my O2 sensor codes came back with the new sensors.

I got mine from Amazon.
Good info, thank you.
I agree that since I don't know how old the sensors are it is best to change them all and start fresh.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I used Bosch sensors since that's what Advance Auto carried in store years ago when I bought them. I changed the rears, at the time of purchase, but the fronts I couldn't get out. I only recenly changed the driver's side front when the original died.

I've read that Bosch aren't the best, but since they were purchased years ago, I'm using them. It fixed the code I was getting, which was a "no response" code for that O2.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to go with the Delco's off Amazon. Decent price.
Hope the part numbers are correct!
Delco AFS106 - downstream and Delco AFS93 upstream