1996 GMC 1500 5.7 Vortec 02 sensor code po153

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cagee2000

Reaction score
Has anyone ran into the po153 code before? This is on bank 2 sensor 1. I replaced the OEM o2 with a Bosch everything seemed to be fine for a while then I started getting a po153 code. so I figured that maybe it went bad and also a lot of people say not to use a Bosch o2 sensor. I replaced the Bosch with a Denso but now I am still getting the po153 code. Unfortunately, I do not have a way to graph the o2 sensors to see performance. But I can see the MV output it seems to be polling up just fine whilst I'm watching it. I'm thinking that maybe a wiring issue? could it be a loose ground? when I delete the code it doesn't come right back I can go 10-15 miles and it may come back on sometimes it will and sometimes it wont its very inconsistent. Also, was thinking about cleaning the MAF maybe that will help? Thanks!

cagee2000

Reaction score
Verify fuel trims, and check misfire counts for each cylinder. Look for exhaust leaks on Bank 2.
I'm sure of no exhaust leaks on Bank2. I will check into the fuel trims and misfire counts. I will follow up with results. Thank you!

crowfather

Reaction score
Did you have any further luck with this?

I have the same code but haven't bought parts yet. Was surprised to see DENSO sensors on rock auto for $25 each, compared to GM($50) or NGK/NTK($40).