96 Suburban Seat Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDOC111

Reaction score
The front seats in the burb are shot. Something is wrong the frame, it pops and moans all the time. I don't think it's gonna last much longer. I'm looking to get some out of something newer. Just wanted to some advice of others have been using. I think it's gonna be hard to find some out of the same body style since they have been around for a while and have a lot of use. Thanks in advance for any replies!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sounds like something broken with the frame. Not a hard job to tear 'em down so that it can be welded. Any decent auto upholstery shop could rebuild the foam to make 'em feel as good as new.
The seats in these trucks are pretty good for lasting. Better than most, & WAY better than the Dodge trucks. I see those for repairing of the foam when they are 6 months old!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Sounds like something broken with the frame. Not a hard job to tear 'em down so that it can be welded. Any decent auto upholstery shop could rebuild the foam to make 'em feel as good as new.
The seats in these trucks are pretty good for lasting. Better than most, & WAY better than the Dodge trucks. I see those for repairing of the foam when they are 6 months old!

Yeah, i had to fix my new (to me) bucket seats... the frame inside of it broke... all i did was add a peace a thicker metal going accross, bolted it all up.. good as new! But as far as new seats, if they work in a burb, id run some NBs seats... so far my favorite truck seats... IMO