96 regular cab one piece bench seat brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waldo

Reaction score
Howdy,

Over the past two years, I have been rebuilding my grandpa's old 96 GMC sierra sportside and finally have it driving around safely. Now that I have finally been able to enjoy the thing, I am able to start messing with the nitty gritty parts of it. One thing that has been bugging me since the get-go is the seat brackets. When i first started working on the truck, the seat brackets were so rusted out (it sat for 20 years) i ended up bending them to take out the one piece bench seat (which was pristine ironically). I found some joe and bought some brackets for around $20 and pitched the old ones.

Now the problem...

The new brackets must have been in an accident with a whale in the passenger seat, because the things shift like crazy! whenever you sit down there is a good half inch of play in the seat and is very annoying for non seasoned passengers. I have tried tightening every bolt on the thing but that does not seem to change anything. I think in one of the rails there may be a small crack which could be causing issues. It is such a shame that something so small ruins the hundreds of hours I've put in the thing, but so be it. Any info or shared pain would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Waldo

Reaction score
They are seemingly super hard to find. There are plenty of ones out there for extended or crew cab, but none for the single cab bench seat.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Treasure Yard? Facebook Marketplace? There’s a bunch of seller’s on FB, one guy in particular in CT that seems to have his own private junkyard of gmt400’s, and has a bunch of regular cabs.