96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its not that low. never hit if off roading, but i do want to build a cage around it at somepoint. only sticks down about 2 inches under frame rail, higher than engine cradle. frame is 9" higher than stock at that point of the frame with the suspention lift and tire lift.

Tet97Chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it with the k2xx mirrors. Cap lights lights and truck look great. Love the paint!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found a way to get the new k2xx mirrors with 3 wires to work with the 88-98 mirror 4 wire switch....
got mirror all apart, pull screw in middle of mirror head....
You must be registered for see images attach

pull cover off....it will click, it is the adjuster threads, has spring loaded fingers so its okay to pull apart, just go slow and pull on both sides of each stud.....see the white studs in piece
in my hand...

pull screws and remove motors.....can pull 3 mounting screws before removing disc but i found it better mounted, more to hold on to....

where is says open, put flat head to the side of it(stud in middle) and pull up, cover will pop off and can unplug wires...

pop clips and cover will come off...

this is the two motors, our 4 wire switch has + & - to two wires to go one way, then they reverse polarity to get it to go the other way.and the same for the other two wires...so if you see the circuit board in here, all it does is tie two grounds (we will call it ground to not get confused), so they will work if you wire up but they will do crazy stuff one way and work right going the other way.and never be right....

my kinda redneck fix....get 18-20g wire...i only had 18, kinda. get 20 if you can. drill small hole in the open triangle....

feed wire through new hole....

put heat shrink on wire....i always forget and have to re do the joint...

snip one of the top wires...if you cut this one my pin out will work for you, if not you will have to play with pins....dont matter though...

wire snipped from board, pull it up alittle to work with it...

solder wire to motor wire then heatshrink.....then gotta bend down out of way of hole...

i cut a small v into cover so wire can feed up to hole....you will see why when you try to put cover on and wont snap closed without doing this...

plug in harness and install plug cover and now you have a 4 wire mirror...

i stole a terminal off my stock mirrors and soldered to new wire after cutting to right size so wire wont bunch up when i run it through heat shrink....

this is driver side, pinned properly.....i tested....then came inside and found they clock the motor with the top not facing up...yes TOP IS NOT TOP....********! so i put it in the housing and went out and re pinned it....this is the right wire color to pin, with terminal lock facing up.

another shot of wires...

im a neat freak so at this point im getting antsy to clean.....now...take pins out again, and run all wires for the whole mirror into heat shrink so it looks like some drunk hillbilly did not do this job.....this is where i wired diodes and extra wire to have run and turn......

if someone has a better way im all ears, but this worked for me to keep factory switch and all works right....now that i think of it....may be able to use a few relays to get to work with 3 wire....humm. hope not, then again, we already have mirror apart, and wire harness cut open, and running new wires...im pretty sure this is the best way to do this job! this sucked to do but once i figured out what to do it took like 30 min for other side....good luck!

Last edited:

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
now the bad news....i went to do the pass side and was tired and excited to get done and i went to pop glass off and broke a few lock tabs for the glass! so stupid! take your time. i did on driver side and popped it right apart, i rushed and messed up this one bad....gotta find new glass. think im screwed....really dont wanna order another set of mirrors but might have to. if anyone knows where i can get the replacement glass with tabs on back or someone who ripped off a driver mirror and has a good pass one please let me know asap, or someone who needs a driver side if i need to buy a new set........just threw the brakes on this project....