95 z71 ls 5.3 swap questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daniellane

Reaction score
What all do i need to preform the swap?
I've read a little bit have a few questions.
Will my stock 4l60 work with correct spacers and flex plate?
Will I have the trams shift points changed from stock?

Any links or threads that can help me would be awesome. I do plan on making the motor a standalone version if i can keep the stock trans in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I suggest you check out LS1truck.com and go to the LS swap section. Tons of info there, and for more wiring info lt1swap.com

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Any links or threads that can help me would be awesome. I do plan on making the motor a standalone version if i can keep the stock trans in the truck.

I'm not sure on your tranny questions but the swap is pretty straight forward.

Using http://www.dirtydingo.com/shop/mobile_product_info.php?cPath=362&products_id=1367 your engine and trans will fall right into place and you can bolt up your np241c transfer case back up weather you use your old trans or if you had a new 4l60e.
You must be registered for see images attach

Next swap out your tbi pump for the acdelco ep381 which will put out the required psi for the 5.3 and where your current fuel filter is you will mount the new fuel filter/regulator (Napa 3737)

The fuel system is easy. It just depends if your intake/Fuel rails are a return or returnless. Generally a 10 ft roll of - 6 braided hose from Russell and the 12 fittings (I can link if you need them) will get the fuel system all Wrapped up.

If your modify your own harness follow the lt1swap.com directions.. Or you can buy a already completed harness also.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

daniellane

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Just seriously wondering about the trans. I was wondering if I could just leave the old harness in it and let it control the shifting.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Just seriously wondering about the trans. I was wondering if I could just leave the old harness in it and let it control the shifting.

I know they sell a spacer/adapter or the flex-plate that you need for cheap to make it happen. So bolting up isn't a issue, it's the wiring. It seems like I can't find a solid write up on someone who has done it.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

daniellane

Reaction score
Same here. I just wanna the complications I might face leaving the stock 4l60 in it