95 tbi 5.7 randomly cutting off while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylebg94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either is fine. I use the can. How low to you get the fuel gauge before you fill the truck? I always think of 1/4 tank as empty. How old is fuel filter, but would have to be badly clogged to cause an engine cut off. I agree that may be bad gas or just a momentary glitch. If you have a fuel pressure gauge with a long enough hose, you can attach and snake out back of hood and tape to w/s and drive to see what the pressure does at start up-COLD, warm up and while driving.
So an update, still haven't fixed the issue. But it has not done it since. The truck would shut up like you cut the ignition off while driving. There is no play in the switch. Battery terminals were good. Haven't checked all grounds yet. The battery and alternator test were good. I do however get a slight rough idle. Two times the truck bogged down like it wanted to cut off. Once while just idling. The other time while helping jump off a car.