95 tbi 5.7 randomly cutting off while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It might have just been bad gas like I thought originally. I don't hear any vaccum leaks. I will keep you posted
Even if there could have been a misfire of any degree, running now without a misfire, will clean up any deposit that could have developed from a misfire.

Kylebg94

Reaction score
Ok, one thing I don't believe I mentioned. The first time it stalled, I was riding over a speed bump at the exact moment. The second I wasn't, neither the third. All happened within the same parking lot in the same moment. I'm wondering is it an electrical issue. Because another thing, it didn't act like a fuel related issue. It just cut right off without anything else happening.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Does sound like a bad electrical connection. Check connectors at the coil and ICM. Also check your grounds.
Agreed. If was fuel related, that would typically, not always but typically, cough and sputter but if electrical, that feels like shutting off a switch.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, one thing I don't believe I mentioned. The first time it stalled, I was riding over a speed bump at the exact moment. The second I wasn't, neither the third. All happened within the same parking lot in the same moment. I'm wondering is it an electrical issue. Because another thing, it didn't act like a fuel related issue. It just cut right off without anything else happening.
When my truck did that it was a corroded spot on positive battery cable that had been spliced before I got the truck. Only way I found it was to let the truck idle until it shorted & I saw the smoke.

Kylebg94

Reaction score
I haven't noticed that. But I guess I can try inspecting the terminals again. There's a guy who has a channel called 1road. That had his 95 surban randomly cutting off. I think he found it was a wire in the interior that was loose. Definitely going to check that out too.

Oafy44

Reaction score
New to the forum. I just bought a 97 - 2 door Tahoe sport in amazing condition with all Sevice records from a one owner. She kept amazing records of the truck. I read thru all the service records like a history book. Very entertaining. Anyway- one of the service records she had was the exact same thing. Cut out on the interstate one time doing 70. Turned out to be a ground wire.

I’m on vacation but next week I’ll try to dig it up and see if they named the exact ground wire / fix for it.

Here’s my baby. Dreamed of one since I was a teenager. Lucky enough to be able to buy one finally for fun at age 42.

You must be registered for see images attach

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to the forum. I just bought a 97 - 2 door Tahoe sport in amazing condition with all Sevice records from a one owner. She kept amazing records of the truck. I read thru all the service records like a history book. Very entertaining. Anyway- one of the service records she had was the exact same thing. Cut out on the interstate one time doing 70. Turned out to be a ground wire.

I’m on vacation but next week I’ll try to dig it up and see if they named the exact ground wire / fix for it.

Here’s my baby. Dreamed of one since I was a teenager. Lucky enough to be able to buy one finally for fun at age 42.

Sharp truck!!!

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

I moved from KC, Mo. to Eugene, Oregon in 1996. I had just bought a 2 door 1996 Tahoe Sport. It was an exact duplicate of this truck, except I had Goodyear tires on it. Exact same color with the same black trim. I sure wish I still owned it and this one sure brings back memories. This truck is beautiful.

Welcome to the forum from Oregon.