95 tbi 5.7 randomly cutting off while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylebg94

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a 95 5.7 tbi. I just filled up with 87 at shell. And I drove down the road about 5 miles. The truck cut off 3 times while driving. Afterwards I drove 12 miles all the way home. And it did fine. I'm thinking I got some bad gas, does anyone disagree and have another idea?

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IDK, If not bad gas? maybe if it was very close to empty when filled? maybe it sloshed up trash in tank to the fuel filter? Vapor lock for few minutes? Rust off inside edge of filler got in putting pump handle in it?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Either is fine. I use the can. How low to you get the fuel gauge before you fill the truck? I always think of 1/4 tank as empty. How old is fuel filter, but would have to be badly clogged to cause an engine cut off. I agree that may be bad gas or just a momentary glitch. If you have a fuel pressure gauge with a long enough hose, you can attach and snake out back of hood and tape to w/s and drive to see what the pressure does at start up-COLD, warm up and while driving.