95 Long bed Reg Cab named "Stitch"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
The intake mounted IC is D-O-P-E DOPE! worth every penny if you have that kind of pennies! DID I MENTION IT WAS DOPE, oh ya, I did!

What gas are you going to be running, E85?
Will be running E85 hopefully I just need to get the fuel sensor and pigtail, figure out if I am putting that in place of the OEM fuel filter and running a different filter before that

Fordsmakemesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just picked this truck up a week ago, my original goal was to find a square body or GMT800 Reg cab. But this GMT400 was too good of a deal to pass up 181k miles 350, reg cab long bed very nicely optioned truck, pw,pl,bucket seats, center console and the color is pretty cool too 20U(Quasar Blue Met). The truck has the typical rocker and cab corner rust of a rust belt truck, however the bed's only rust is a weird 2"x2" hole on the passenger side by the tailgate.

The first things on the docket for this truck are to get the maintenance up to ***** and replace the whole suspension the only things that will be reused are the leafs themselves the bushings will be replaced. The truck will get a 4/6 Drop from Trekline Motorsports, 17x8/17x9 wheel combo( U.S. Wheel 69 series) that will be either powder coated gunmetal gray(forged charcoal) or done in Cerekote of a similar color. With the wheels i will be cleaning up the original chrome caps that i have and putting them with them, which will eventually be the only chrome on the truck.

The 350 will eventually be swapped out for a LM7 5.3L which will probably stay N/A, with the normal Intake manifold(TBSS), Stg 4 BTR cam, BTR valve springs, SS headers and a rework of the current 2.5" exhaust that is on the truck. I am looking for reliable, I may want to eventually go faster but this truck will still be used as a truck.

The truck will stay the OE Quasar Blue Met color, I am however torn on keeping the flares on it or not. They are not mounted correctly but are OEM flares. The flares would allow me to run a wheel setup with a wider foot print and a different offset as well but we will see.

Like i said the truck will be getting all it's maintenance up to ***** first, on Thursday last week I ordered a decent amount of parts to get that going.

New Delco/Remy Alternator
New Belt
Plugs(Delco)
Cap
Rotor
Wires
Fuel Pump and Sender(Vortec Pump(60psi))
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Tank Straps

I will be doing this in stages, its not that I don't want to order everything at once, I am just looking to stretch this out as it is winter lol

I will be doing the brakes and cooling system after the tune-up and fuel system is squared away. The truck runs very well now but it has a cobbled fuel system as the sending unit rusted out. The cosmetics will be last but before the engine swap, like I said it runs well. As I go I will be wire wheeling the frame and chassis painting it. under the bed will get undercoated as will the cab, I don't plan on removing the cab more than to just replace the cab mount bushings.

Cosmetic wise it will be getting black bumpers a color matched grille with black bow tie and inserts, the SS aluminum trimmed emblem on the gate will be taken off and replaced by a Chevrolet script style emblem. the side moldings will also be removed. I will also be redoing the interior in the OE gray but recovering the buckets with a light blue tartan plaid in the middle. There is a ton of thigs I envision for this truck and will accomplish over time but it will be a slow long process as I want to teach my little one and wife how to do some things on the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

I have an 88 c2500 reg cab long bed that I inherited from my Dad a couple years ago and I've done a handful of things to it including a DJM 4/6 drop with upper and lower control arms and its a 6 lug so I found a set of old original 6 lug rallys like your 5 lug rallys mine are 15x7 and 8s for the rear I'd LOVE to ls swap it but at the moment my tbi 350 has too much life at 157k so I'll wait till she blows:) I'll try to post a picture of the day I got it and then post a couple pics of how it sits today to give you an idea of how it will look for you.

Attachments

• 20180210_134019.jpg
    20180210_134019.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 13
  • 20201205_143322.jpg
    20201205_143322.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20201205_143331.jpg
    20201205_143331.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210122_170632.jpg
    20210122_170632.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Fordsmakemesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just picked this truck up a week ago, my original goal was to find a square body or GMT800 Reg cab. But this GMT400 was too good of a deal to pass up 181k miles 350, reg cab long bed very nicely optioned truck, pw,pl,bucket seats, center console and the color is pretty cool too 20U(Quasar Blue Met). The truck has the typical rocker and cab corner rust of a rust belt truck, however the bed's only rust is a weird 2"x2" hole on the passenger side by the tailgate.

The first things on the docket for this truck are to get the maintenance up to ***** and replace the whole suspension the only things that will be reused are the leafs themselves the bushings will be replaced. The truck will get a 4/6 Drop from Trekline Motorsports, 17x8/17x9 wheel combo( U.S. Wheel 69 series) that will be either powder coated gunmetal gray(forged charcoal) or done in Cerekote of a similar color. With the wheels i will be cleaning up the original chrome caps that i have and putting them with them, which will eventually be the only chrome on the truck.

The 350 will eventually be swapped out for a LM7 5.3L which will probably stay N/A, with the normal Intake manifold(TBSS), Stg 4 BTR cam, BTR valve springs, SS headers and a rework of the current 2.5" exhaust that is on the truck. I am looking for reliable, I may want to eventually go faster but this truck will still be used as a truck.

The truck will stay the OE Quasar Blue Met color, I am however torn on keeping the flares on it or not. They are not mounted correctly but are OEM flares. The flares would allow me to run a wheel setup with a wider foot print and a different offset as well but we will see.

Like i said the truck will be getting all it's maintenance up to ***** first, on Thursday last week I ordered a decent amount of parts to get that going.

New Delco/Remy Alternator
New Belt
Plugs(Delco)
Cap
Rotor
Wires
Fuel Pump and Sender(Vortec Pump(60psi))
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Tank Straps

I will be doing this in stages, its not that I don't want to order everything at once, I am just looking to stretch this out as it is winter lol

I will be doing the brakes and cooling system after the tune-up and fuel system is squared away. The truck runs very well now but it has a cobbled fuel system as the sending unit rusted out. The cosmetics will be last but before the engine swap, like I said it runs well. As I go I will be wire wheeling the frame and chassis painting it. under the bed will get undercoated as will the cab, I don't plan on removing the cab more than to just replace the cab mount bushings.

Cosmetic wise it will be getting black bumpers a color matched grille with black bow tie and inserts, the SS aluminum trimmed emblem on the gate will be taken off and replaced by a Chevrolet script style emblem. the side moldings will also be removed. I will also be redoing the interior in the OE gray but recovering the buckets with a light blue tartan plaid in the middle. There is a ton of thigs I envision for this truck and will accomplish over time but it will be a slow long process as I want to teach my little one and wife how to do some things on the truck.

Mine has the Original 14 bolt SF 6lug rear in it with 373s and the rear tire on the 15x8s are 275/60s I'll show how it looks with the 4/6 drop I rolled the rear lip and it's perfect now

Attachments

• 20201217_154556.jpg
    20201217_154556.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20201125_163252.jpg
    20201125_163252.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 12

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So found out yesterday that my truck being in the garage for so long did not like it's transmission having some fluid in it... It puked on the ground. I think it is mad that I am giving it a heart transplant lmao.

I really like how my grille turned out the grille was chrome. I sanded it down, etch primed it, primer surfacer, and then black paint followed by a matte clear. I did the same on the mirror housings. They will be the only trim that is black on the outside of the truck. The front bumper will be Painted to match as will the rear bumper. I just need replacements for both when I get to doing the bodywork.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Thanks dude! I'll probably get started on the harness this week wonder if I can get some oem connectors and depin then repin, we will see.