95 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought most of the parts before I re-discovered OTS. They beat both RockAuto and Summit - I'd probably have saved another $100 if I'd bought everything through them and picked it up (they're local) instead of paying shipping on everything.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, rebuilds can get expensive! By the time you get all the little things in there, you'd be surprised how much you've spent. Again, for a project truck, you can buy things here and there as you go...and more or less spread the cost out, kinda like a mortgage, LOL. It helps explain why rebuilds at reputable places are a good $2000-2500+ and makes you wonder what the guys charging under $1000 are changing on them.

I'm not even talking about super-duper Level "XYZ" performance special parts. I don't anything about that stuff, but I know you can spend as much as you want on billet "stuff." A billet input shaft alone can be as much as $600-900 or more. Yikes!

I would say just do the upgrades to known parts that are problem areas and move on. Don't forget the little specialized tools like snap/lock ring pliers, bushing/seal driver kit and perhaps a spring compressor/foot press. A tranny holding fixture can also be a good thing when it comes to assembling the unit.

My BIL's 2013-ish F150 tranny went out. It had over 200k, so I don't think it he was complaining. It was $2800 at a shop for the rebuild. Down the road he had some issues again and he took it back and they took care of him. Only caveat is you have to take it to them for scheduled maintenance like fluid changes to maintain the "lifetime" warranty.