94 k1500 brake shoe and drum size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wild guess here…sounds like it’s time for both front and rear, and all brake parts to be replaced. Hoses too.

peezy555

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brakes suck, so that might be it. When i took the rotor off the shoes are cracked to hell and unevenley worn, ill get some pictures when i do the brakes next week probably.
You should listen to what these guys are telling you instead of going with your intuition. It’s telling you wrong and they are right. For instance a rotor is not a part of the drum brake assembly that is a part on disc brakes in the front and shoe is not part of the disc brakes assembly. It’s your rotors in the front that are warped quit wasting your time

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You should listen to what these guys are telling you instead of going with your intuition. It’s telling you wrong and they are right. For instance a rotor is not a part of the drum brake assembly that is a part on disc brakes in the front and shoe is not part of the disc brakes assembly. It’s your rotors in the front that are warped quit wasting your time
Well said and welcome to your first post on the forum.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do you determine what you have as far as brake shoes and drum if RPO code isn't what's on your truck? My 93 yukon is JB5.....But Appears I have 11+" shoes..... my drum is over 13" in diameter..
Sorry if it's obvious.
My rear end/axle is from a now unknown truck. Was playing fast and loose years ago when it was swapped so info isn't available.... 6 lug...

DesertRat828

Reaction score
Do yourself the biggest favor possible and ditch the rear drum brakes. Head over to littleshopmfg.com and purchase one of their rear disc brake conversion kits. And I also highly recommend doing the master cylinder upgrade as well. Easily one of the three best things I've ever done for my truck.

DesertRat828

Reaction score
I also completely replaced every single brake line on my truck with a whole new stainless steel brake line kit. When I first got my truck I was never able to even bleed the rear brakes. I believe there was a clog or a kink in the line somewhere. Once I put the new brake line kit on everything bled just the way it should and the difference in stopping ability was night and day

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks...

so I guess they measure just over 11"
Stamping
says max diameter 11.24
GM15622364

So as far as shoes and drum go, is this ringing a bell as to what year truck they may have come from?

looking like it's an 85-91 from gm parts giant... wow..