94 Blazer build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a 92 Blazer 3 days ago. Pretty nice truck, been thinking of doing a build thread also. Anyway, the switch to release the glass is sticking on mine also. I have to have someone slide it over and hold it while I lift the glass. Did you figure out what was causing the issue on yours? Saw someone say to use some lithium grease, I'm going to try that today after work.

Actually fixed it today. When I removed the dash bezel to install the radio the plug wasn't in for the switch. Put it back in and still nothing. Left it alone and came back today. Opened the liftgate for something to find a spring in the mechanism was not under the part that releases the latch. Fixed it and now it works.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Took a solo camping trip upstate NY. Very muddy and bumpy but the Blazer handled it no problem.

Last edited:

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cut out the rotted panels and got the replacements in. Using the Harbor Freight flux welder. I am only learning welding as I go, so its not perfect. But its holding very well.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More progress. Got a 2nd coat of bondo on passenger side and first coat on drivers. As well as some glazing putty on small imperfections.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both sides are primed. I probaly need to do a final wet sand and make sure its 100%. Also, removed front grille and bumper. Those are going to be replaced, along with the rear bumper

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered a bunch of parts! Stuff is showing up already. Got some stuff painted that I won't be able to get to when the new bumpers go on.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also started polishing my wheels. They won't be perfect but they will defenitly hold me over untill I can get new ones

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my new bumper on but had to order the impact strip. Upon running the wires for the lights i realized that I was missing ground connectors. But I also realized i ordered a 2nd set of lights and a harness by mistake- pretty sure. Hopefully the missing wires will be in that set.
Also got the Spyder glass headlights and some nice LED park lights.