94 Blazer build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ended up replacing the thermostat. I guess it was just a faulty one. Brought a 190 degree Failsafe from Autozone. Finally got heat. It's not great, but its there. Im guessing the heater core needs to be flushed. The temp is reading this so far, but it keeps fluctuating alot. Guessing there is still air in the system? I let it run with the radiator cap off and re filled it some to replace the lost coolant when i replaced the thermostat.
You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turns out the gasket that came with the original thermostat housing was not technically the right one. There's a rubber o ring that sits underneath the thermostat, and i found that out by watching this:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Went out and got that along with a new radiator cap. Right now i am letting some of the air out of the system, adding coolant and repeat. Temps are hovering around 210 now so i'm happy. A few more times and a test drive to confirm.

Also got the new tires mounted. I'm going to balance them at work tomorrow.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing much to report, been driving her daily to work. However i recently got Covid. So now while I am recovering, I am able to spend a little time ordering some parts for the truck.

I got a cowl hood coming, and the 2 patch panels just came in for the 2 rotted areas just behind the doors. Seems to be a common area on these.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cowl hood I had ordered came in just now. Unfortunatly it has 2 dents. Summit will send another one free. Cowl hoods look so good on these 2 doors!

I also pulled the amp, sub and wiring. I ordered OEM radio, tape deck and the bezel it fits in. I beleive I also need the factory amp too?

Last edited: