93 Silverado Interior Restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokey65662

Reaction score
This build is dedicated basically a complete restoration of the interior of this C1500 with a few odd things here and there. The truck has been in the family since it came off the lot in 93 so I know where it’s been and what has happened to it. That said, it was a family vehicle for many years before becoming a work truck and from there it became my truck after I bought it from the old man. Now that I have been driving it for about 5 years I am aware of all its little flaws and issues and since I love the truck so much I decided to go ahead and start giving it some love one section at a time. So I decided to start with the section that needed the most TLC of them all…the interior.

My plans for this truck was to add more functionality (make it a little more modern), fix some of the design issues (at least what I considered to be a design issue), and to restore it to its stock condition. I didn’t want to go crazy with the changes, nor did I want to cut any corners on the work. That said, it’s been a slow process but we are getting there. Here is what I have done so far.

Be aware that I didn’t take as many pictures as I wish I had so there may not be a picture for everything. Also, I will add more explanation to the pictures and the thread in general as I have time.

Here are a few before pictures:

You must be registered for see images

I don't have any pictures showing the gutting of the interior unfortunately, so ill start with the big bear...the electrical.

I know at the moment this is basically just a picture dump but I am going to take the time to upload all the information for everything ive done. This will include any tips that I find along the way, links to any material I used, many more pictures, wiring diagrams that I will draw up for things like adding a Viper 5704 with all the goodies and relays to go along with it, etc. The more I learn the more ill be sure to share...since...you know...that's the point of the internet...right? lol