1992 Blazer weekend restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had no intentions of showing my restoration until I finished, but I found out I need more posts to be qualified to make a thread in the classifieds...so yall forced my hand. Ive had this truck for about 7 years now and I finally have time to give it the attention it needs. I'll be making it my own so it will be different from the rest. **edit - I have just learned that its called a 'Restomod' not a restoration...excuse my ignorance.**

I started with the tear down because replacing the old carpet, the sagging headliner, and the destroyed dash was my biggest concerns. Dont have a photo of how bad the headliner was but it was in my face, but luckily when I removed it there was zero rust.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next I removed the rear area carpet. 2 seized bolts and a huge adhesive mess to remove.

I found a small spot of rust under the lip of the passenger wheel tub, so cut that out and repaired it the best I could. Never was good at open root welding, so don't judge it too harshly.

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the rust was painted with a few coats on each side I covered the rear area with Dynamat and then the dynapad over it. Hopefully it quiets the truck down some, and the dynapad also helped smooth out the area since the body is not flat.

I also thought it would be nicer to have the plastic mat in the truck instead of carpet. Hopefully the summer months help smooth out its wrinkles.

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next was the dash removal. It was pretty easy because it was just falling apart whenever I touched it. I actually found that none of the AC connectors were actually plugged in, just tied together and tucked so with very low hopes I plugged them in and tested it...nothing. So out it came with the rest of the dash.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice Blazer! I want one, but my truck needs took me in the opposite direction....the longest 400!
Small progress is still progress; I have to remind myself of that sometimes.
If you look at other members' posts and build threads, and comment on them, it won't be too long before you are at 100 posts. I recently had to do this on the other truck forum I'm a member of.

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Blazer! I want one, but my truck needs took me in the opposite direction....the longest 400!
Small progress is still progress; I have to remind myself of that sometimes.
If you look at other members' posts and build threads, and comment on them, it won't be too long before you are at 100 posts. I recently had to do this on the other truck forum I'm a member of.

Thanks man! I actually had a 95 suburban a long time ago but it was wayyy to much vehicle for me haha. But yeah sometimes with the amount of sweating and cussing working on this thing I would have had more done, but it all adds up.

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I have the dash and hvac box out of the way...I couldnt find a grommet to block off the old heater hoses hole. Its a weird oval shapped, so I thought id find a way to utilize it instead. I bought the 'X' shaped bulkhead adapter off Restomod air and turned it sideways. the 5/8" hose fittings fit perfectly in there while the other 2 fittings needed drilling out. I then made a steel adapter to hold it more flush to the firewall.

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still needed a flat surface to install the Restomod air unit. This is the Vapir 2 S. I did test fit the dash with it installed and it seemed to clear...Ill let you all know if its a good fit when I get around to installing the dash again. I just painted a sheet of steel and then wrapped the corners with rubber U channel trim seal to prevent wires from getting sliced on the sharper edges. I put it in the center over the tranny hump so I had space to wrap the AC and heater hoses to the fittings and also I wanted to use the 2 bolts that were through the firewall for the old HVAC box. Also used a long bolt and a aluminum spacer to help hold the weight. It seems to hold everything fine and doesnt move at all.

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Restomod also recently came out with a condensor for what they say is for 88-90 chevys, but just know it fit my 92 perfectly. using my original brackets and everything. Also took the time to bust some rust and paint what I could reach.

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the new LMC dash installed. New HVAC box fit perfect, but those front 2 duct tubes are a little pinched but theyre flexible and should be fine...Those 2 will eventually run through a center console to the back of the truck. My only complaint was the dash wasnt a perfect fit, had to cut away from some the metal to get it to move a quarter of an inch to the passenger side for the holes to line up. Also prepping the glove box for the control boxes and the wire routes.