93 K2500 Suburban 454 Holley Sniper Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Do you think that it would if N/A'ed though?

If N/A, 4700 would not be overkill. 4700 is stock for a Vortec 7.4 and I ran mine NA for a bit. The blower may be the reason mine feels like it'd take more, but OP has a similarish cam to me so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if his wants to rev out too. In fact if it didn't want to rev out to the 5000ish range, I'd say something was wrong.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I throw the shfter into 1 it'll run to 5000 and doesn't feel like its falling off at all. Comp 911 springs should be good for way past that rpm too. The peanut port heads would be my limiting factor, plus tq = hp at 5252, so I'd just shift there as I'm sure tq is falling hard right after that. Here's a video where holdener put a 212/218 cam on a gen V peanut with intake/headers etc.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Vortec 454 L29 heads on a 454 boat engine. Aftermarket cam, valve springs, adjustable valvetrain, roller rockers, 850 Holley, RPM manifold, shorty headers, etc.

That engine was done at about 5100 rpm. Better than the previous heads, but still disappointing.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, with all of this work you did, whats the final tally $$$ wise?

It was $3000 when I had it running on the first cam. Then added another cam and lifters, and oil and more oil, so let's just round up to 500. Then 3800 in the rebuild, then more tools as I needed the square socket to get oil pump adapter off to dig out the oil bypass basket the builder didn't get out that was broken off. New bypass, then muffler and 3 inch straight pipe off the Y and 4-5 band wraps clamps. So let's just round up to another $500 in random stuff, hi temp boot protectors, exhaust manifolds, starter. So, 3000 + 3800 + 500 + 500 = $8,000 roughly. Runs way better. Tows the little boat around easily. Has ice cold a/c and nice healthy idle.

LC2NLS6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still running well. One trick to get it to go into closed loop/learning is I found a video where the default Holley uses the correction tables to prevent learning.

Here is the video I found explaining what helped me get it in closed loop more.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media