93 K1500 Z71 RCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a new '95 that looked to be the same color as your truck. I spent more time waxing that thing than driving it - wish I would have kept it.

Nice truck you have there!

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Just read through this thread, and this has to be my favorite looking stock truck! Really nice work! Restoring these trucks are a lot of work, but are very much worth it when they are done. :) I have been recently starting to like the Teal/Silver two tone, wish I had a 88-93 with that two tone.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Picked up a 93 owners manual in original case. Case even has business cards from the dealership, spare keys, and original owners information in the warranty book. This one came from Omak, Washington. Obviously not original to my truck but still a bit of interesting history.

You must be registered for see images attach

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Today brake pedal was softer than usual this morning. The truck has had a brake failure light on the dash since I got it. The early GM dealer diagnostics said it was a bad proportioning valve, but the part is discontinued. Today I could feel the brakes hanging a little after about an hour of running errands around town. At 10:30 am I was taking a corner in a parking lot at about 3 mph and the left rear , ebrake wheel hung up and stopped the truck right in traffic. I shifted to 4 dig and the front wheels pulled the truck 10 feet to get out of traffic.

I sat for 4 hours waiting on AAA tow truck, they sent 3 different roll back flat beds even though I told them 6 times I needed a lift and dolly truck because it is 4wd and rear wheel is locked and I don’t want to drag onto a rollback. AAA finally says after 4 hours they have no lift and dolly trucks in my area. So I start playing with the e brake, smash it to the floor and hear a loud pop. That pop freed up the wheel and i was able to drive again. Went 3 miles straight to GMC dealer, threw them the keys and said rear drums and e brake locked up today and pedal is soft, call me when you have it figured out.

Any thoughts on what it is? Remember we already know the dash code is throwing a bad proportion valve.