1997 K1500 z71 suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty stock to me.
Damn you’re good! Yep, that’s bone stock. That picture was taken the day after I got truck home from VA. Had 46k on it, was owned by an elderly man who recently had passed and went back to GM Dealership in a small town. I never found one thing on it that was modified. You may be right on OP’s too, but I’ve noticed different photo angles give different looks at times.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn you’re good! Yep, that’s bone stock. That picture was taken the day after I got truck home from VA. Had 46k on it, was owned by an elderly man who recently had passed and went back to GM Dealership in a small town. I never found one thing on it that was modified. You may be right on OP’s too, but I’ve noticed different photo angles give different looks at times.
When I first got my 1500,it had 245 highway type tires on it. Most swore it was 2wd.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In stock form, most k1500 have a bit of rake to them. This one looks cranked/leveled to me, and it's no secret cranking one can make it ride like an unsprung wagon that no off the shelf shock on the market will fix. Bad shocks would be un-tamed compression and rebound, but it doesn't appear to me that's what's being described. First check would be ride height against oem specs.
after I replaced the arms.hubs,balljoints,shocks tire rods etc. I put a nut on the rotor and used a magnetic level on the rotors and adjusted the upper A arms till the rotors were level up/down.
Then I did a "redneck alignment". With the steering wheel centered and locked and the wheels/tires I adjusted the tire rods with 2 yard sticks stuck together w rubber bands and measured the space between the front and back tire sidewalls till I had about good w about 1/4 toe. Then I took a ride, 2 miles not bad. Then I checked again and adjusted again. Then I had to drive 18 miles down us 1 65/70mph to the Firestone to get a alignment. Last week I got new tires @ walmart for $58O
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: