92 K2500 Revival

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got a little baby burnout for you guys. I'm guessing it would be easier with a phone mounted somewhere but the rear end started sliding a little so I got out of it. Hopefully the audio is good, sounds pretty bad on my phone.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Made it to the shop btw.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. Can you angle the sideview mirror down to tire and video both dash and mirror?
Perhaps, I guess I need to elevate my game to compete with the internet's thirst for one wheel peels.

Anyhow, no issues on the drive home. More terrible pictures because I had to get to work:
You must be registered for see images attach

I've been waiting for that look for quite some time now. Really tempted to slap the trim on but I'd rather not have to redo it in 5 months when it's warm enough to finish the paint.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent some time analyzing the datalog from the run to the tire shop. I got the FiTech software to make me fancy charts:

Seems like I need to reduce the fuel amount in the 1000rpm 30kPa area by about 15% for sure. I watched a video about changing the VE tables in my system but I haven't done it yet. The internet told me this software is terrible and I should stop using it immediately. Not sure I'd trust it over the controller for making changes to the tune but I don't see the harm in feeding it a .csv if I get the squiggles I want. The Holley guys told me my system is only capable of a 'trash tune'. Mmmkay.

It was sunny today so I started adjusting my z-height. And by adjusting my z-height, I mean measuring tire to fender clearance exclusively and just cranking them bolts till it looks good. I reckon if the front gap exceeds the rear gap, it doesn't matter what the z-height is, it's wrong.

Yeah it got too cold to paint and I've been hiding that side from you the whole time. Had to visit rich people land to get some level ground. Not pictured: scowling neighbor leering over their 2023 BMW X6M. I don't know what his problem is. I've only ever done burnouts here once and it was the fourth of July so that doesn't count.

I took 5 full turns out of each side and the front is just about level with the rear now. I took it on a short trip down the road I live on. The surface can be best described as 'lunar' so it bounces the suspension pretty good. Seems like I got a little ride quality improvement.

I don't want to take it too far so I'm going to recheck on the next sunny day and maybe we'll get serious about measuring that z-height.

Oh I also bought the cheapest paintless dent repair kit on ebay. We're getting that dent out of the door. For SEMA, y'know.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PDR kit came in, I had to try it out.

That's what I'm trying to pull out. I busted out the kit:

The trigger on the glue gun broke immediately and I was down to manual feed. I spent a couple hours really giving it a shot, gluing all kinds of shapes and thingies to the door. This is what I ended up with:

The kit delivers on the paintless, not so much the dent repair. I was able to pull the metal out briefly but not enough to bend it in a substantial way. I don't want to say the kit doesn't work, but it didn't work for this particular dent. I could see it being effective in certain circumstances. Check out that everlasting gobstopper paintjob. It's like ablative armor but for paint. The sparkly oem stuff is 3 distinct layers deep.

I gave that area a little tsssst of green and touched up my Body by Pittsburgh work on the door to fender alignment. Mended ✅.

I took the truck on a quick trip into town, it performed great. The speedometer was reading 10% high compared to the speed indicated on the FiTech controller. I added 10% to the Speedo Correction value and got the speedometer dialed in perfectly.

Torsion bars did not settle further, it would seem a quick drive down the street and 3 bumper bounces is perfectly adequate to get them where they're going to be. Each full turn of the screw does seem to be about 6mm in drop.

I reluctantly looked at the service manual again and entered the "Z" dimension measured the "Z" dimension. I like how the manual is very technical about this process but fundamentally you're just like, cramming your head under the tire with a measuring tape and looking at it real good.

I'm on the high side of 157mm +/- 6mm. I'm thinking either a half turn or one more full turn will get me in the true "Z" dimension.