92 K2500 Revival

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwelar

Reaction score
Looks great! I’m diggin the green. “Gobstopper” had me laughing but that’s a very accurate description. And the green ones taste the best. lol

Would one of those suction cup pullers do the trick? I have no clue on body work really but that’s what I always see being used. Harbor freight has some fairly good sized ones. That or maybe some good ole 2x with a Mighty Massage Mallet.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great! I’m diggin the green. “Gobstopper” had me laughing but that’s a very accurate description. And the green ones taste the best. lol

Would one of those suction cup pullers do the trick? I have no clue on body work really but that’s what I always see being used. Harbor freight has some fairly good sized ones. That or maybe some good ole 2x with a Mighty Massage Mallet.

No. I have one and it wouldn't be up to the challenge. If our trucks were made of tin foil like newer stuff it might be sufficient.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the weak link in that kit is the glue gun, and potentially the glue itself. The combo kit I got was $30, other combos that exclude the gun were about $25 so it truly was just about the cheapest thing you can buy. It was too small to heat up enough glue quick enough to stick some of my bigger tabs. 100% of my failures were broken adhesion on the truck surface side, so I think I just needed more pull force than I had psi of adhesion capability. I'd be interested to try it again with 3x glue availability.

I think the next step on this dent is to see if I can push it out from the inside. The door panel is hanging on by two tabs or something anyways, and I've been pretending like I didn't see that ever since I did the hinges.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought Harder Fright's stud welder/puller kit a couple years ago. It was complete garbage. It would barely weld the studs, no matter how much I prepped the surface. I think I'd do better with my old Lincoln arc welder and some ten-penny nails.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took three weeks off from truck stuff. Getting covid accounted for two of those weeks, and I've been otherwise busy shopping for houses. Put in an offer on one place and lost it by 2 hours to an earlier offer. Put in an offer on another place and it's been accepted. If the inspection goes well, we're moving to the mountains.

You must be registered for see images attach

I took the truck out to pick up some sandwiches. Hadn't started it in 3+ weeks, fired right up. Just loyal. 35 miles on it now. I'm gonna need it to haul my firewood to the new place, so I got this thing operational in the nick of time. I need to make some of those bed insert tall sides out of plywood to increase my capacity.

My buddy that sold me the truck has a coworker with a spare 14 bolt 4x4 width 3.73 gear rear axle, he's gonna check it out for me and make sure it's usable but he'll sell it to me for $300, so that's a good deal in progress.

Hopefully there's no showstopper problems with this house inspection. I think you guys will be very excited to see it. The shop has a loft.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the house ended up having a collapsed sewer main and the chimney needs a full restoration, so obviously I committed to buying it immediately. Today's the final day for the seller to respond to our offer. Apparently it's possible to get so stressed your hair actually starts falling out, who knew.

Right front tire was 30psi low, took it in and it had a leak at the valve stem. No big deal, they fixed it up no charge.

Spare held up for a week straight, looks like it needs some air in it but seems like it'll get me home in an emergency.

Do you guys antiseize the threads? I dunno, I put some on there. Three ugga duggas with the high-torque set to medium destroy was good for just about 95ft lbs. My "big" torque wrench doesn't go past 100 so I gave each lug a bonus nudge with the breaker bar afterwards and called it good.

Got to thinking about the no heat situation. I might just need to bleed the air out of my cooling system more betterer. Maybe I was just spoiled by how easy the Camaro coolant bleed was because of how low the heater core is mounted in that car. Think I'm going to try again with the overflow funnel thing when a $390,000 purchase isn't on my mind.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve always been told not to lube lug studs. It changes the torque parameters and you can stretch the holes in the wheels.
Yeah, that's the thought that was in the back of my mind. The impacts are making my lugs look like they're shaped out of play-doh, fresh lugs and perfectly clean threads is probably the correct move.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The amount you put on in the photo wouldn't really change much, imho.

Recently kind of came across the whole lug nut anti seize debate on some other stuff, I thought it was kind of funny. To get the correct torque readings on head bolts, etc. It is recommended to have a form of lube on the threads, but its supposed to be a no no on lugs.

Used a whole bottle of anti seize on my truck, every...single...bolt. If I have problems out in the middle of nowhere, I don't want added problems. Might not be as much of an issue dependent on location, and usage of the vehicle.

I'm kind of old school, and have never adopted the battery impact stuff, really even back in the days of wrenching for a living, I didn't have any air ratchets. You kind of learn when stuff is tight, torque wrench or not.

Last edited: