92 Camaro RS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99hoesas

Reaction score
ls motors arent old school big blocks or small blocks, a 6.0 with a cam large enough to spin that high, WILL spin that high, the only real concern is the rod bolts.

the HCI ls1 in my ws6 will spin 7500 no problem, and loves it.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Nice camaro, I have a transam in that color!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Nice man.

Why destroke a 6.0 when it's cheaper just to drop in a junkyard 6.0 and not crack it open? And make more power? If you want to rev, cam up. There's no replacement for displacement.

Just a crazy idea I was thinking of. It would turn up way quicker than a stock 6.0, might lose some cubes, but you gain a lot better of a powerband, in theory.

I can't speak to the OPs reasons, but if done right, it should increase the power band within each gear. I had a friend who had a 454 with a 396 crank. It would redline at 7500 and outrun just about any other vehicle around. It gave him a wider, and smoother powerband. Not to mention it sounded crazy. Have you ever heard a big block rev that high in a street truck??

Thats my thoughts on what it should do. But not really looking into spending a lot on the car right now, so that plan is on the back burner for now.

ls motors arent old school big blocks or small blocks, a 6.0 with a cam large enough to spin that high, WILL spin that high, the only real concern is the rod bolts.

the HCI ls1 in my ws6 will spin 7500 no problem, and loves it.

LS1 has better internals than a stock truck engine though. If I went in the motor and changed the crank, I definitely wouldn't leave most of the stock bolts in it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Car motors have the same powdered metal rods, the same nodular iron cranks, and the same hypereutectic pistons as the truck motors. The only difference is an iron block, the cam profile, and the compression ratio. That's it. A 6.0 would be lighter than the 305 with its aluminum heads and Rev it's ass off with just a little bit of cam. It's a win win, no need to complicate it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Nice man.

Just a crazy idea I was thinking of. It would turn up way quicker than a stock 6.0, might lose some cubes, but you gain a lot better of a powerband, in theory.

Thats my thoughts on what it should do. But not really looking into spending a lot on the car right now, so that plan is on the back burner for now.

LS1 has better internals than a stock truck engine though. If I went in the motor and changed the crank, I definitely wouldn't leave most of the stock bolts in it.
Actually the truck engines are better for boost

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Car motors have the same powdered metal rods, the same nodular iron cranks, and the same hypereutectic pistons as the truck motors. The only difference is an iron block, the cam profile, and the compression ratio. That's it. A 6.0 would be lighter than the 305 with its aluminum heads and Rev it's ass off with just a little bit of cam. It's a win win, no need to complicate it.

Point taken, its just a crazy idea I had. I want to find an LS for the car but it seems to be running pretty good now. I was thinking the truck motors had cast pistons.

Actually the truck engines are better for boost

I've heard that, but thought it was just because its an iron block

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
I wish this pic would have came out better. Stole the hood off my red camaro.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I can't speak to the OPs reasons, but if done right, it should increase the power band within each gear. I had a friend who had a 454 with a 396 crank. It would redline at 7500 and outrun just about any other vehicle around. It gave him a wider, and smoother powerband. Not to mention it sounded crazy. Have you ever heard a big block rev that high in a street truck??

I'd rev my L-78 4 gear Nova to 6800. Factory R/L was 6250. (Ran the valve lash a bit looser than spec, along with some carb & distributor tricks.)
Buddy's with SBC's & a shorter gear would get me off of the line, but then they'd say that when they were about 1/2 way through 2nd gear, the could hear this Freight Train coming up from behind, drowning out the sound of their car, & then passing them!
Torque rules!
6mpg (of Premium leaded!) sucked!

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Looks good man

Thanks man

I'd rev my L-78 4 gear Nova to 6800. Factory R/L was 6250. (Ran the valve lash a bit looser than spec, along with some carb & distributor tricks.)
Buddy's with SBC's & a shorter gear would get me off of the line, but then they'd say that when they were about 1/2 way through 2nd gear, the could hear this Freight Train coming up from behind, drowning out the sound of their car, & then passing them!
Torque rules!
6mpg (of Premium leaded!) sucked!

I love hearing all the stories about that Nova from you. Might seek your guidance on how to recover these leather front seats.