92-94 454SS Cluster - Mexico/Canada option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
White face gauges were all the rage back in the 90's and early aughts.
Only benefit I could see(other than being different) is in an extreme northern area where there may not be much natural light in the cabin during the day, it might be easier to read the gauges. @Pinger, you want to confirm this? I know your Burb has this feature.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Along with strange hair cuts. Lol
You must be registered for see images attach
Looks like something from my brother's yearbook, he was class of 2001.
Poor girl, between the hair and braces, no boys would get within 25 feet of her.... I was a nerdy girl in HS too but not like this!

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only benefit I could see(other than being different) is in an extreme northern area where there may not be much natural light in the cabin during the day, it might be easier to read the gauges. @Pinger, you want to confirm this? I know your Burb has this feature.
The reverse is true. I'm constantly adjusting the intensity of backlighting as it gets thrown back off the white. Along with the white face, the PO did something with the lighting ie, another dimmer switch (in tandem with the GM one) and a choice of colour - blue or green. Not that big a deal, worse is not being able to see the orange indicator light for the transmission when there's bright sunlight behind me. Not that that's that big a deal - given the lack of sunshine!
Mine - I think - looks less spacky than that other white one. And, I claim my prize for three thats in a row.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
The reverse is true. I'm constantly adjusting the intensity of backlighting as it gets thrown back off the white. Along with the white face, the PO did something with the lighting ie, another dimmer switch (in tandem with the GM one) and a choice of colour - blue or green. Not that big a deal, worse is not being able to see the orange indicator light for the transmission when there's bright sunlight behind me. Not that that's that big a deal - given the lack of sunshine!
Mine - I think - looks less spacky than that other white one. And, I claim my prize for three thats in a row.
The gear indicator on the Burb doesn't always work, so we count clicks/notches. Learned that on our square body Burbs; the cable driving the orange needle is attached to the bottom of the cluster housing and breaks off.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Mine has lights.
Ours has a light up pointer/indicator too...it just doesn't always show the correct gear. Last night, backing out of a parking spot, the indicator showed it was in reverse, even making the backup lights come on. When the truck is actually in reverse, the lights weren't on. Doesn't always do this, but enough to be concerned about.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
All that money just to get a 110 moonie cluster and no tach. The 1990 454SS missed the mark on that and the non-OD transmission. And they made a gazillion of them...

Richard

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Looks like the APC faceplate on the gauges, sold everywhere until about after 2006, maybe a year or two later.