'89 Stepside "Way Cool Jr."

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about it, to be honest. He sent me this pic a couple year ago so it might be different now.
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How I spent my day - cutting the trunk off my '69 Cadillac.

Why I'm cutting it up. This is only about a quarter of the rust. The firewall is rusted out, there's holes in the trunk, and the windshield and rear window frames are rusted out.

I'm keeping the chassis with the intent of building a truck on it. My cousin expressed an interest in getting the back end of a car to make a couch from. I don't think she knows what she's in for.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small stuff today. I have the Cadillac mostly disassembled, and a fair bit of it is in the bed of my truck, awaiting a trip to Ball Pipe & Supply for some recycling dollars. I took the opportunity to repaint my formerly tan carpet back to black. The lighter shaded area in the pic below is under the dash light.

Then I took a few minutes to install the throttle linkage extension that should have come with the Holley Sniper. I need to buy another throttle peg to mount the cruise control to.

The throttle blades definitely have a bit of sticky to them, so I'll hit them with some cleaner before the test drive to the metal yard on Monday.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The throttle extension works like a champ! Holley needs to include it in their kit along with a warning that it's a must on certain vehicles. Maybe they're making some money milking another $16 out of their customers, but they're losing a lot more than $16 with how poor the Sniper runs without it. This is part of why people bad-mouth the self-tuning fuel injection systems.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The throttle extension works like a champ! Holley needs to include it in their kit along with a warning that it's a must on certain vehicles. Maybe they're making some money milking another $16 out of their customers, but they're losing a lot more than $16 with how poor the Sniper runs without it. This is part of why people bad-mouth the self-tuning fuel injection systems.
My fitech was the same