89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next is most of the parts for the clutch. Still waiting for the Luk slave cylinder and Russell braided hose to connect the master and slave cylinder’s.
You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you please explain further on what you mean by the washers are in backwards?
I thought that I understood, but I don’t and haven’t been able to find any information on them.
I'm 98% sure that both nuts face the back of the vehicle. I remember having to change mine once I started to tear the other side apart and noticed they weren't facing the same direction.
I could be wrong, I may be wrong, I wish I was at home right now to double check.
Hopefully @Laredo comes back and we can all learn which way is right.

Edit....I think I'm 98% wrong now!!! Lol
I think they are installed right, maybe he's talking one cam points up and the other down.

Last edited:

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On to the cooling system. A Summit water pump and 2 row 34” radiator, a GM fan and Hayden severe duty clutch and AC Delco belt, hoses pulley and tensioner.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excuse my peasant frame and the mess (brake fluid took off some of the coating) but this is how my control arms are bolted in. Yes it is a C truck but I think they are the same. The bolts go through the mount from the inside (nearest the shock tower) out. The tip should be pointing to the front and rear of the truck. The alignment washers should have the beveled edge against the UCA mount or in this case the drop mount. It looks like he has it right.

Attachments

• IMG_8540.png
    IMG_8540.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And to wrap this up, an AC Delco master cylinder, some Pioneer motor and transmission mounts and Edelman power steering components.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excuse my peasant frame and the mess (brake fluid took off some of the coating) but this is how my control arms are bolted in. Yes it is a C truck but I think they are the same. The bolts go through the mount from the inside (nearest the shock tower) out. The tip should be pointing to the front and rear of the truck. The alignment washers should have the beveled edge against the UCA mount or in this case the drop mount. It looks like he has it right.
So the flat part of the washers is out towards the nut and head of the bolt?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think your correct, I adjusted my previous post. It may be because one cam points up, and the other down?

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your correct, I adjusted my previous post. It may be because one cam points up, and the other down?
I was wondering that, the bolts aren’t tight yet and the cam spins 360 degrees.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969